Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

So what did you buy YOURSELF for the holidays?

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Years and whatever else I missed....

I went big on myself this year... been looking around and finally found myself a Harley in my price range... Its a 1996 with 12,800 miles, its a 1200 with a 5 speed and has several aftermarket goodies. Cost me $2605 plus $100 in gas to get it and another $80 in misc....

Haven't had a bike in 12 years and the last one was Japanese... this bike is the very basic Harley but man I'm tickled pink..... Mike and I where blasting up and down the street until we got sick of freezing ourselves to death. C'Mon Spring!!!!! It got backed into the garage next to the 'Horses..... Another piece of American Iron added to the fleet!

So what did you buy yourself this year??

Tony

post-435-0-86056500-1355625490.jpg

post-435-0-53538400-1355625545_thumb.jpg

post-435-0-81834300-1355625568_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Sparky

I'm sorry I cant type a long reply to this one......my teeth are still chattering from riding that sucker in 37 degree temps.

(Still felt good tho :grin: )

Mike.............

bowtiebutler956

Looks like alot of fun!! :text-datsphatyo: I road a 1200 Sportster a couple years ago, and it had some serious Gidey Up to it it! :woohoo: Fell like letting me borough till your weather warms up, it was 80 here today. :ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

Kelly

Well I didn't get me anything big, but I've been buying stuff to help complete projects, I love the Harley I want one someday to ride, it would help on gas back and forth to work.

Coadster32

Nice ride Tony. :handgestures-thumbupright: Perhaps not that flashy to you, but looks good from here!! I like the hypercharger on it. Enjoy.

I gots me a 1979 Camaro

Picture002-9.jpg

Picture004-6.jpg

Picture005-5.jpg

I started a thread on this a couple of months back, but "Santa" came along last week and gave me a few upgrades for under the hood. (Sorry...no pics of that though).

Yes...American Iron is good!!

Edited by Coadster32
  • Like 2

Docwheelhorse

Nice! Those Camaros are really starting to catch on. Back in the day I hated em..... boy I was stupid and should have stored a couple.

decksetter

I got a 54" snow/grader blade setup for the International Cub

post-5509-135576230132_thumb.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

stevebo

Tony,

Back in 06 I had my bike built and it was finally done in February !!! Needless to say I had NO problem going for a 1 hour ride all dressed up in my snowsuit. I believe it was about 28 degrees that day. You should have seen the heads I turned pulling into dunkin donuts for a coffee. I felt like the guys on dumb and dumber with frozen snot coming out of my nose. Anyways nice bike and really good price for sure. My Christmas gift to myself is my avitar.

• Like 2

Docwheelhorse

Nice Stevebo!! A Senior is way cool...... I don't have the room or funds for one..... Decksetter--that looks like a serious piece of iron to hang off the front!

decksetter

Decksetter--that looks like a serious piece of iron to hang off the front!

Yeah it's beefy, but the tractor is probably 1500 lbs so it can deal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wh500special

Sorry to go off topic, but I think the comments about motorcycles and cold weather warrant a short story...

When I lived in South Bend, I had a neighbor who was an engineer. Being an engineer meant that he wasn't like just any guy next door. Upset about paying the ghastly sum of $2.75 for a gallon of gas was too much for him. So he bought a base model Harley to commute to work. I guess the mileage was around 40mpg or something. He figured with the gentle depreciation and the fuel economny that the bike would pay for itself.

I doubted he'd ride the thing often enough to have justified the expense.

Being an engineer, he kept a spreadsheet and log of every drop of fuel and every dime of maintenance that went into all his vehicles. Unless there was really something special about a given day, Bill would ride that motorcycle to work as often as possible regardless of heat, rain, lake effect snow, cold, etc.

At the end of the year, he'd ridden the bike to work more than 240 days. Keep in mind you only work about 250 days a year. There were days I wondered if I'd make it to work in my 4wd truck, and you'd see Bill cruise down the road through the snow on his one-wheel drive machine. Smiling all the way.

That bike actually DID pay for iteself in a few years. Man, those engineers are SMART guys.

Me? Only motorcycle I've ever ridden was a big ol' 2-stroke Benelli (or something like that). It only took 100 yards to realize it's not for me.

Merry Christmas,

Steve

Edited by wh500special

Fun Engineer

Let me start by saying, I felt a little guilty this year. I've been spending a lot of money on my garage, buying tools and storage cabinets, etc. But, I've been thinking about the winters we get, normal snowfall is 150 inches and how much longer can I expect to climb on and off my 314-A with snowblower and cab. So after consulting the boss, I bought a 72" hydraulic plow system for my Ranger. Here's a picture just as the snow was starting to fall.

Between the 314 and this, nothing will get in my way. Merry Christmas to me :happy-jumpeveryone:

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. :text-merryxmas:

2012-12-09_13-03-28_635.jpg

• Like 3

specialwheelhorse

Well I just went crazy this year and bought a tube of Lok-Tite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

whfan74

Well thank you to a great member who I had the pleasure of spending some time with (Malmac) I was able to drag home a Manco Dingo 2 seater go cart.........for the kids that is. :) It has a 10 h.p. Tecumseh on it and needs a carb rebuild badly. Actually bit the bullet and have a new one on the way along with a new throttle cable. A few other misc. items need to be taken care of on it and hopefully we will have a runner by Christmas day. They are ecstatic and I must admit I am a little excited as well!

Merry Christmas to all!

baerpath

Went off color and bought another Simplicity 7790 diesel. After having one to use for mowing picked up another one at a good price

roscoemi

Dave, with the slope of your drive a salt spreader may have been a better chioce! :ychain:

posifour11

A badly needed break from classes. And misc motorcycle/ scooter parts

Ken B

Well thank you to a great member who I had the pleasure of spending some time with (Malmac) I was able to drag home a Manco Dingo 2 seater go cart.........for the kids that is. :) It has a 10 h.p. Tecumseh on it and needs a carb rebuild badly. Actually bit the bullet and have a new one on the way along with a new throttle cable. A few other misc. items need to be taken care of on it and hopefully we will have a runner by Christmas day. They are ecstatic and I must admit I am a little excited as well!

Merry Christmas to all!

That go cart is gonna fly with a 10 hp on it! We had a single seater with a 6hp Techy and it went 27mph with my butt on it.

Edited by Ken B

squonk

Merry Christmas to all!

That go cart is gonna fly with a 10 hp on it! We had a single seater with a 6hp Techy and it went 27mph with my butt on it.

REACH BACK AND GRAB THE GOVERNOR LEVER!!!!! :) :) :) Seriously I'm off today to finish shopping. I'm buying myself a new top tool box to go on my roll cab at work. Lowes has a decent one on sale but the bottom is a Craftsman so I'm going to Sears to see what they have at a comparable price :happy-jumpeveryone:

jusjeepn

I'm feeling kinda guilty for all my "Christmas" gifts I've picked up in the last few weeks. Bought a snowplow for the Dodge. My driveway is a 1/4 mile long so it will actually save me fuel this winter. Picked up two tractors, a 753 and a 854. Not beauties or even complete but great project and parts! Bought new larger tires/wheels, lift kit and winch for the quad. Our local Sears is closing due to this great economy. I've picked up a few new tools including yesterdays purchase of a new 1/2" composite impact gun. Last nights purchase will be my last this year....(yeah right)..... a new 80lb pistol crossbow!

SALTYWRIGHT

i am still shopping for my big one.

Fun Engineer

Dave, with the slope of your drive a salt spreader may have been a better chioce! :ychain:

But what fun would that be? :) I hear we're expecting up to 10 inches tonight or tomorrowt. Guess I'll be busy when I arrive Friday. Wish I was heading up today.

whfan74

Well here it is in all of it's glory. Up on saw horses waiting for the new parts to arrive so it can start doing donuts in the snow! :)

post-919-0-25664500-1356105369.jpg

• Like 3

bowtiebutler956

Well here it is in all of it's glory. Up on saw horses waiting for the new parts to arrive so it can start doing donuts in the snow! :)

I have that exact same buggy Scott, but mines yellow, and I put a 16hp Honda clone on it with a Comet 40 series driver, and 44 mag driven. It runs great! Here is mine. :thumbs: Sorry, I didn't have any good clear pics of the whole cart.

bowtiebutler956

I have that exact same buggy Scott, but mines yellow, and I put a 16hp Honda clone on it with a Comet 40 series driver, and 44 mag driven. It runs great! Here is mine. :thumbs: Sorry, I didn't have any good clear pics of the whole cart.

post-6076-0-06611400-1356156857.jpg

post-6076-0-33655800-1356156879.jpg

post-6076-0-29741600-1356156909.jpg