Sign in to follow this  
C100

Snowblower for 310-8

C100

I am sure happy that I have found this site for my Wheelhorse. What is the group's take on a snowblower for my 310-8?? I came across a blower for free, but it was not for my application. Single stage? Two stage? I do have a plow I use for smaller storms, but a blower would be nice if it would work properly with only 10hp.

Fred, Massachusetts

pfrederi

the 10 hp 1s adequate especcially witht eh 8 speed. You may find you have to use low range if teh snow is deep.

varosd

:text-welcomeconfetti: single stage is more than adequate for a 10 hp. plus a lot lighter than a 2 stage unit. lots more single stage units and parts out there. most folks try to find the newer blowers with the taller chute and gear vs cable chute rotation but if a good deal comes along...go for it. :D none of the white so far

Sparky

Your 10hp will work with a single stage but you may have to go slow or take half cuts with the blower when the snow is deep or wet. I do not use chains on my rear tires and find that my blower tractors need more weight than my plow tractors do to get good traction. When the blower is up you need plenty of weight to counter the front weight of the blower. I ended up adding inside weights to the rear tires ( 50# outside and 25# inside the rim) .

Mike.........