Sign in to follow this  
WECOYOTE

Model 79361 Snow Thrower Impeller

WECOYOTE

I have been using my 44" snow thrower for more than 15 years and I final hit one too many rocks. The one I hit last night did a number on the impeller and I now get a strong vibration when blowing snow. Two of the three fins on the impeller are bent and it appears that the back plate is also bent and is rubbing against the back of the unit. When I hit the rock I stopped the unit to check for damage. When I tried to engage it again, it was froze up. I was able to get it freed using a stick, which allowed it to operate, but the vibration is pretty bad due to the bent impeller. I was going to order a replacement impeller and install it, but I wanted to get a feel for how complex this repair might be. I assume I need to pull out the augers in order to get to the impeller. Any helpful advice on this repair before I start the process?

Thanks!!!

TT

:WRS:

I dug this out of the closet and believe it might help:

WECOYOTE

Thanks TT. Based on the photos, it looks like the entire unit will pull right out of the housing. That would definitely make it easier to pull off the impeller. Following the lead of the post you shared, maybe I should get a can of red paint and give it a refresh as long as I am at it. :)