Sign in to follow this  
Kai Thomsen

Snow blower speed ?

Kai Thomsen

Can anyone tell me how fast the single stage snowblower rotates (spins ?) at full throttle ? (i assume the engine speed is 3600rpm ? )

I would also like to know how fast the impeller and auger is turning on the 2 stage blower, if possible.

i am thinking of building one but i have no idea how fast it need to spin.

Wyattrrp

Really fast !! Just try scooping slushy snow out of the chute while the single stage is still spinning and see how fast your 911 call works! After all they recommend operating the single stage at full throttle.

Check out how far the single stage throws snow and do the math... Check it out

Sorry but Couldn't resist. But it spins really fast not sure of the RPMs

Kai Thomsen

Check out how far the single stage throws snow and do the math... Check it out

Thanks for the movie, it looks good :) and i so much want one for my wheel horse..but they are impossible to find in my country.

I dont think i can build the auger for a single stage..and get it balanced at that speed.

Found some hints on the big internet though.. it seems that on most of the 24" twostage walk behind snowblowers the impeller spins at 1000-1200 rpms, and the auger around 100-130 rpm. Maybe it would work on little bit bigger snowblower too. I dont have a big engine in my wheel horse, it's only a 8hp Kohler M8.

I just dont know how big the impeller is.. i guess from looking at a lot of pictures it's somewhere around 12" but... oh well back to drawing board.

Lars

Hei Kai.

I bought my blower in denmark..

and i know there is more of them there..

Lars

Kai Thomsen

Hei Lars.

You must be one lucky guy :)

I have been searching for the last year or so but found nothing worth the money.. there is one guy not that far from me who collects old wheel horses, he does have a 32" single stage..it would be perfect for my horse, but it looks like it's been sitting outside for the last 30 years, he asked 5500kr for it. No way i'm going to pay that much for something that needs parts, metalwork,bearings and a lot of work to get it going again.

I did make a snowblade for it last winter and it works ok with tire chains on, but after the last snowstorm i have nowhere to push all the snow. So a snowblower would be nice.

Lars

i found it on this side here dba.dk serch for wheel horse..

i there is a guy clost to gammelsturp that has a lot of horses.. he also have some blowers/blades etc etc.. i know he has..

the blower ill got was a 42 inch singel stage tallshooter.. ill payd 4500 for it..

here is a link to the blower ill got..

Edited by Knusern

312Hydro

5500 Swedish Krona equals

826.98 US Dollar :scared-eek: Wow!!! What would shipping be from the U.S.?

Lars

5500 Swedish Krona equals

826.98 US Dollar :scared-eek: Wow!!! What would shipping be from the U.S.?

FEEL OUR PAIN :)

Shipping will be from 200 to 400 buks.. ill guess.. depends on the company u have to pay for the space it takes H*L*W