Sign in to follow this  
copperhead

WH seat?

copperhead

It only has the cover with the foam...no frame...Is there any way to identify it as being for a Wheel Horse?

I only know it doesn't fit mine... :sad:

post-5872-0-12040700-1355018167_thumb.jppost-5872-0-61413000-1355018218_thumb.jp

Sparky

Genuine Wheel Horse seats had the Wheel Horse head emblem/logo in the backrest section.

I think thats just a generic seat cover replacement.

Mike.........

Terry T

Sparky is incorrect--not all Wheelhorse seats have the logo.

I have had a 520H since new and it does not have any logos.

Copperhead--do you need a seat?

JackC

That is not genuine wheel horse. It is a replacement that matched a style used in the late seventies to mid eighties. The genuine wheel horse version of that style had a logo imprinted on the back rest. That style seat came in low, medium and high versions. It looks like it should fit the medium height seat pan for a late seventies to mid eighties wheel horse seat. Show us a picture of the seat you say it does not fit.

Don1977

That is a cover for a high back Michigan Seat don't know when it was made. It is close a replacement seat for the 70's Wheel Horse. I don't have the original seat pan off my 1977 C-120 but as I remember the metal pan is different. You would have to trim some foam on that one to get it to fit on the original pan. The seat pan for that seat has a two off set each side that the original did not have. I have one made in the 80's it is more like the original and does not have those offsets at the back.

Here is another thread on Michigan Seats.

copperhead

Sparky is incorrect--not all Wheelhorse seats have the logo.

I have had a 520H since new and it does not have any logos.

Copperhead--do you need a seat?

Thanks for info... Do I need a seat? No, not really...I was out looking at wheels for my jeep and this guy happened to have this seat in his garage. I inquired about it and he said his father told him it was for a WH, but that's all he knew. I offered him 10 dollars and brought it home, thinking somehow I could use it. It didn't take long to figure out I was mistaken Without the proper pan to mount it on, I can't see how I can really use. Now the real question is...Do YOU need a seat?...lol

That is not genuine wheel horse. It is a replacement that matched a style used in the late seventies to mid eighties. The genuine wheel horse version of that style had a logo imprinted on the back rest. That style seat came in low, medium and high versions. It looks like it should fit the medium height seat pan for a late seventies to mid eighties wheel horse seat. Show us a picture of the seat you say it does not fit.

I have 2 tractors a B-80 and a C-100(which I really didn't need) The C-100 has a 2 piece seat, which is in no way like this one. The B-80 has a similar seat but with a low back.

post-5872-0-92953400-1355881840_thumb.jp

That is a cover for a high back Michigan Seat don't know when it was made. It is close a replacement seat for the 70's Wheel Horse. I don't have the original seat pan off my 1977 C-120 but as I remember the metal pan is different. You would have to trim some foam on that one to get it to fit on the original pan. The seat pan for that seat has a two off set each side that the original did not have. I have one made in the 80's it is more like the original and does not have those offsets at the back.

Here is another thread on Michigan Seats.

I think you're right. If I could find a pan for it, I'd use it on my C-100...but I'll probably just try to sell it..

JackC

The seat on the B-80 does not look like a wheel horse seat so that could explain why the cover does not fit.

TT

The seat on the B-80 does not look like a wheel horse seat so that could explain why the cover does not fit.

That's the 'standard' seat for the '74/'75 B-80 4 speed.

Ken B

I thought I saw a factory sale picture posted here not too long ago of a C-161 or a C-160 that had the same seat on it without the logo embossing?

JimmyJam

My B-80 has a similar Michigan replacement seat (uncertain of model number - it came with the tractor) with a steel pan but only the front two bolt pattern lines up with the springs, the back two are offset. I would like to find a better, more original looking replacement.

JackC

That's the 'standard' seat for the '74/'75 B-80 4 speed.

Shows what i know about the B series. The cover at the beginning of the thread looks like it is for a C Series.

Don1977

That seat looks just like a "C-Series" with out the logo from the front but has extra foam on the back.

Here is another replacement Jackson seat pan. That is similar to the original Wheel Horse seat. The original didn't have those four creases.

SAM_0210.jpg

TT

This was my '75 B-80 4 speed:

d7d8b0bb.jpg

I found a perfect (and identical) seat on a Simplicity 3110 rear-engined rider, but the mounting holes were different.

My 'fix' for wrong bolt patterns:

I pull the edge trim off and remove the cover & foam. Lay out and drill the four 3/8" holes (gives you a little 'wiggle room') in the correct locations, secure the seat to the mounting surface with 5/16" bolts & plain nuts (up through ~ like normal), and weld the nuts to the 'top' of the seat pan. Reinstall the cover and edge trim and it's done. :handgestures-thumbup:

If you don't have a welder or access to one - or the seat has a plastic pan with a removable cushion - you can install the pan and tighten the fasteners, then install the cover & edge trim.

• Like 1