Sign in to follow this  
gneuzil

520 Front axle

gneuzil

Good morning- First time on so sorry if this is not really correct. I have a 520H w/standard axle used only with a Kwik way self leveling loader, I have purchased a swept forward complete w wheels/spindles and tie rods. Already have upgraded to the reduction steering. Growing up on the farm I remember that some of the utility loader tractors had swept back front axles. Was looking at the one I bought and it looks like I can swap the spindles from side to side and install the axle swept back.Kind of an interesting idea. comments please. Thanks

smoreau

Welcome to Red Square! :WRS::wh: I have seen one 520 with it installed that way, he wanted a shorter turning radius for going around trees. Didn't work well as the front tires hit the deck, but it did turn on a dime. Install it forward for it to work right.

Edited by smoreau

Dieselcowboy

Welcome to Red Square! :greetings-wavegreen:

Kelly

If you have a loader, you would want it on the corrct way to help make the tractor more stable.

TT

:WRS:

The tractors with the rearward-swept front axles - like the Fergusons and the Ford N's - had adjustable track width.

By having the axle beam angled rearward, the tie rods and radius arms could remain the same length regardless of track width.

Small changes in wheelbase were absorbed by the main axle beam sliding fore and aft on the bolster (pivot) pin.

AMC RULES

If you do decide to mount it up that way... :wwp:

:WRS: