Sign in to follow this  
dieselhorse

Painted the 8-8spd horse today

bo dawg

Hey just two more questions I for got to ask B)

Do you usually paint the wheels with the tires still on, or do you take em off?

If their on what do you use to cover.

Do you paint by hand w/small brush for things like the word KOHLER on the eng cover? B)

Tractor is looking Niicee B) Notice in the background of the one picture the neighbor watching out their door at you. :whistle:

bo dawg B)

dieselhorse

She was letting thier dog Lindie inside. I do the Kohler lettering with a silver Sharpie marker. The silver paint I have runs way to easily. The silver maker works perfectly. For the tires, I leave them on, but mask them with 2" wide painters tape. These are stiff and dry cracked enough that I would probably have to get new tires if I removed them. They are tubed and should last a few more years yet. Cheers Mike

jerrell

B) that's a great paint job,, i am planning to take my fixer uper completely apart and spray with farm enamel, i have done this in the past and get excellent results, i did a complete overhaul on a 6' gobal disk and two boat trailers i have , took them completely apart and used an air compressor to spray it on using 3 coats , if you go to Tractor Supply Center , they can mix any color you need, using equipment enamel, also they can put it into cans for you.. on the clear coat, i wouldn't use it, i have had 2 autos that have had to be repainted because the sun will destroy the clear coat in a couple of years. i am a GM' fan and you can tell what i am talking about if you will look at some GM products painted in the 90's ....the clear coat is coming off... the farm equipment enamel still shines like brand new evertime i wash and clean..and they stay in the weather all time .. i praise the TSC paint... :whistle:

bo dawg

Thanks for the painting tips Mike and TT B) I cant wait to put it to work...as soon as I get time :whistle:

Thanks B)

BairleaFarm

Looks great. thanks for sharing the pics.