Sign in to follow this  
fourwheels0

c-141 with a loader

fourwheels0

well she's alive and kicking.

fixed a bit of wiring,shimmed the steering which fixed the skipping,new fuel line,cleaned the carb and it runs good.

still have to adjust the carb,wire the lights and a couple small things.

went down behind my buddy's house and played a bit.........OH YA THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

what is everybody using for hydrolic fluid in their loaders.

glgrumpy

Hmmm! Pretty simple set-up on that foot control! My tractors have the full length foot rests tho, so would have to make diff pedal there. Just hooking up to the control lever......huh! Thought would take more under belt cover or between frame back to the controls. Seem like it responds OK?

ON oils....I've always thought any oil in 10 or 20 weight work, long as you have it full. Some older units liked Auto Trans fluid (Dextron) instead. Think any of the modern tractor drive oils that do everything would work just fine. They do the trans, hydraulics, power steering all with same oils now days.

fourwheels0

glgrumpy yes the foot control is very smooth.

and yes it is a very simple setup.

i'm used to 8 speeds and not to used to hydro's and kept finding my self wanting to use the hand control.

i'll check and see what's in the loader for fluid whether it's motor oil or hydro fluid.

fourwheels0

looks like motor oil in the loader. gonna leave it that way.

got the lights working and some more fine tuning done today.

gonna give it a good test out tomorrow.

played a bit today in the garage lol.

loaderpicatpauls.jpg

fourwheels0

well took it out today to give it a good test.

almost got it stuck but got out of it. (learned not to mess around digging and lifting going downhill lol)

i still need more weight in the rear that's for sure.

right now with the wheel weights and box it's only around 275 lbs total. i think around another 100 lbs i'll be ok.

a little more tinkering with the carb,points ect and i think it will be unstoppable.

so far i'm a very happy camper!!!!!!!!!

Wheel-N-It

Congragulations on the tractor with a loader. What you have is geat for landscaping work around home. That bucket will hold alot of topsoil and mulch. You are gonna have some fun with this new setup!

fourwheels0

ok after some of tinkering and resetting the carb,plug gap and points....................................THIS THING IS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

man will it move some stuff lol.

my bucket has some rot on the bottom so if anybody has or finds a 40 inch ark bucket in good shape let me know.

SAM_0114.jpg

fourwheels0

ok it seems first thing in the morning it need's to warm up a bit (5 minutes or so) before i can put the loader to work.

that is normal for a hydro tractor right?.

if i try to use the loader right off the back it wants to bog down and die.

i can raise and lower it but if i put it under a load it bogs and sputters.

after 5 minutes or so it seems fine.

baerpath

ok after some of tinkering and resetting the carb,plug gap and points....................................THIS THING IS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

man will it move some stuff lol.

my bucket has some rot on the bottom so if anybody has or finds a 40 inch ark bucket in good shape let me know.

SAM_0114.jpg

There is a Ark loader bucket (just the bucket) for sale on craigslist. It's in Canastota NY look under Syracuse craigslist

fourwheels0

duane thanks but i contacted the guy and it's a 48 inch bucket and the mounting points don't match up.

if i can't find a 40 inch bucket i'll just have this one repaired.

massey

Congrats on the new toy and getting it running, looks like a lot of fun. :handgestures-thumbupright:

fourwheels0

duane i called them and for a 41.5" utility bucket (no teeth) it's $215 or $275 shipped to me.

that's a bare bucket and you have to put on the mounting points yourself or in my case swap them from the old bucket.