Sign in to follow this  
fourwheels0

c-141 with a loader

fourwheels0

anybody have a c-141 with a loader.

i'd like to see some pics and what you think of it,how is it to operate ect.

Don1977

Check out Fireman's tread on the C-200 he built it had a loader on it. I think he later put it on something else.

c-series don

I have a c-141 8- speed with a loader and dual rear wheels. I have had it for about 10 years and love it, I use it for all sorts of things. If you can find a heavy duty spindle kit get it because the loader will pick up enough to bend and or break the standard spindles. I learned this the hard way! I will try to post some pics of it.

• Like 1

fourwheels0

well i've looked at and read a bunch of threads on loaders and the c-141 auto's.

i'm out at 4am tomorrow morning to go pick up a c-141 auto with a loader.

hopefully all will go well.

i'll post pics when i get her home.

KC9KAS

Sounds like you are already getting a GT & loader.

Be sure to post pictures and keep us posted on your "new" GT.

fourwheels0

marv i see your in Delaware.

that just happens to be where i'm going to get mine.

Lincoln Delaware to be exact.

fourwheels0

here's a pic of it.

i'll post better pics when i get it home

141withloader.jpg

• Like 3

fireman

Don1977,

Thanks for the plug. Unfortunately I sold it to someone, who then sold it to someone else and they took it apart and mounted the loader on something else. I don't know what became of the tractor itself. If I knew that was going to happen to it I would have never of sold it :angry-cussingblack: . All that hard work and effort down the drain!

Marv

I live just south of Dover De. Lincoln is lust a step down the road from me.

Marv

fourwheels0

fireman that's too bad. i checked out your thread on it and it was an awesome machine.

my plans are to find an 8 speed tractor to put the loader on.

posifour11

I really like it! I'd love to see detailed pics.

MalMac

phone014.jpgI have a C-141 with a ARk 550 FEL on it. It works great. Use it all the time.

Here is one pic of scooping manure.

Edited by MalMac

ericj

saw that one on c/l good price hope fully you neg even better would love to have a fel. unless i had a foot control hydro i would put it on an 8 speed so i culd use my hands on the wheel and loader

eric j

Tankman

Very nice FEL setup! One of these days..........

Used to pass through DE often on my way to MD. Cut through Harrington, great landscape down your way, on my way to Harmony 'n Preston. Senic and 'bout as flat as it gets. :-)

The C-130's (?) takin' off from Dover were always a sight to see when we used US 13!

My kids, years ago, liked the long ride which forced us to use the Cape May, NJ-Lewes, DE ferry.

The Eastern Shoremen I know down your way always told me, "Christmas or birthday gifts have to be something I can use fishin' or don't bother." :-)

• Like 1

fourwheels0

well i got it home.

malmac yours looks identical to mine. so mine must be an ark 550?.

it even has the foot control on it.

after a quick bath at the car wash it looks pretty good.

SAM_0099.jpg

SAM_0100.jpg

fourwheels0

and a couple of the back.

SAM_0101.jpg

SAM_0102.jpg

MalMac

Yep looks like mine. Even missing the bucket angle indicator on the left bucket tilt cylinder. Looks like your bucket is in better shape than mine. Congratulation's, if you use yours as much as I do mine you will love it. Just make sure your moving before trying to do any turning. They are a bear to steer and very hard on the steering gear.

Dieselcowboy

Looks great. Hope my C160 will look that good when I get my 550 FEL fabed on to it.

glgrumpy

Nice loaders, but aren't these kinda small tractors for that big of rig? Something with bigger tires would be better, it seems. GT14 or similar and the D series seeem more appropriate for a loader this size. Wondering about the "Foot control" mentioned that is on it. What's involved with that. Homemade only? An option from WH? I would like to see themechanics of that. Is there some old postings on one in forum? Not sure why more company's didn't offer the pedal long ago. Bolens had them for years, way before everyone else. Now, that is about all you see in hydro controls on new ones. I've had loaders on PK's and w/out hydro becomes quite a bit of foot and arm flinging just to run the thing. AND, joystick is greatest control idea of the modern era also. So much easier to use.

fourwheels0

malmac nope sorry my bucket has holes in it but they are at the back on the bottom plate right where it starts to angle up.

i need to get a plate welded in to fix it. the rest of the bucket is fine though.

glgrumpy i'll get you and anyone else interested pics of the foot control this weekend.

looking closer at it it looks like the p.o. upgrades the front spindles and wheels :woohoo: .

unfortunately the steering does skip. my buddy has a spare 141 steering shaft and fan gear if it does need to be replaced.

we'll tear into it this weekend and maybe get it up and going as long as we don't find anything bad.

Dieselcowboy

Beggars can't be choosers on what loaders and tractors we have sometimes. We just feel lucky to even have both because some have nothing at all.

fireman

Nice tractor and loader!

WheelHorseSteve

Don1977,

Thanks for the plug. Unfortunately I sold it to someone, who then sold it to someone else and they took it apart and mounted the loader on something else. I don't know what became of the tractor itself. If I knew that was going to happen to it I would have never of sold it :angry-cussingblack: . All that hard work and effort down the drain!

The C-200?? That was an amazing setup. I toyed with the idea of selling my tractors to put towards that one. I too wonder where that tractor went...

fourwheels0

ok here's some pics of the foot control on my tractor.

SAM_0106.jpg

SAM_0107.jpg

SAM_0108.jpg

SAM_0109.jpg

SAM_0105.jpg