Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Somtimes I wish...

Shuboxlover

That I lived in the northeast!!!

Every now and again I like to look at the Craig's List adds in the northeast. I would HATE to guess how many tractors I would have if I lived there!!!!!!!!! Just tonight I found oh.......about 3 dozen that I would buy!

You guys that live up there sure are LUCKY :party:

• Like 2

bmuone

I feel your pain. But just keep looking on craigslist, ebay etc.....you'll cross a diamond once in a while.

midnight rambler

yeh tyson i feel your pain, i finally figured it out, im going to try to plan a 5-7 day trip out east with some cash and just drive until my truck and trailer is full!!! that should be fun

roscoemi

You could always move there. :eusa-think:

TT

I'll trade you a couple Wheel Horses for a decent F-30 Farmall. :eusa-whistle:

Wheel-N-It

I know I am sounding ignortant here, but are there not many Wheel Horse's in Nebraska? If not, can you tell me why?

Tankman

Just saw one listed yesterday, not my choice, but looks nice.

Commando 800, clean, with a complete dozer. Asking $350 but, sure he'll take less.

My Horses are real clean, '85 416-8 is the newest, a few minor problems but, put a 48" dozer (like new and cheap!) just a couple of days ago. Vinylguy sent new decals for the hood which was just painted today. Ye ha!

I stopped at a JD dealer, Grandson likes tractor catalogs, the parts guy's neighbor has only eleven (11) Wheel Horses. A pity for someone living in the Northeast! :-(

Sorry, Eastern PA and north are gathering all Wheel Horses to garden and mow. Keeping up with global warming of course. :-)

You can sign up for a new crop of oranges from New Hampshire if you're quick 'bout it!

Stop by Lincoln, visit the Corn Museum, it's amazing! Go Huskers!

Wheel-N-It

I see there is a 520H in Lincoln for $1400

3609horse

Every now and again I like to look at the Craig's List adds in the northeast. I would HATE to guess how many tractors I would have if I lived there!!!!!!!!! Just tonight I found oh.......about 3 dozen that I would buy!

It's funny I live in the Northeast and say the same thing about the lucky guys in Pennsylvania , it seems like they have all the good tractors. I guess the grass

looks greener on the other side. I guess we are all lucky that we have what we have, but no harm in dreaming. Just my two cents, thanks, Gene

6wheeler

I feel your pain shuboxlover. You can't fling a dead cat around here without hitting a GREEN tractor or some crapper box store tractor wannabe. Not very many WH's here. And with so many people up here so hell bent for election to scrap iron, even those are disappearing fast. And the only collection they will end up in is the North Star Steel shredded metal pile.... Sad. But true.

Shuboxlover

I'll trade you a couple Wheel Horses for a decent F-30 Farmall. :eusa-whistle:

I'll keep my eye out Terry ;)

Racinbob
post-8408-0-46756800-1354446339_thumb.jpSame problem here in Florida. I lived just outside of South Bend for 45 years and had a barn full of red. Sold everything when we full time RV'ed for 2 years before we settled down here about 10 years ago. It took forever to find this one on the gulf coast. It was filthy, neglected, banged up a bit and needed all new consumables like belts, etc. She runs great and looks pretty good now. Keep looking. You'll eventually find one.
  • Like 1

Rock farmer

Northeast? What northeast?

Finding anything other than lawn mowers is rare up here!

You must be looking at New York and Pennsylvania!

Edited by Rock farmer

sgtsampay

What Rock Farmer said. But then again sir, we aren't in the northeast. We are in Canada according to the rest of the country..

• Like 1

Sparky

I think your right about the quantity of Wheel Horse's here Tyson,,,,,, but,,,,,, although we have plenty of Wheel Horse's and attachments in southern New England to choose from on Craigslist or E-bay etc, we also have plenty of Wheel Horse guys crawling thru those classifieds so if you see something you like you need to get off the couch and make your move fast!

There are no Wheel horse's available for the slow to act :banghead: .

Mike...........

littleredrider

There might be alot around here, but the problem is is the northeast. Everything metal rusts just looking at it. I'm amazed stuff from the 60s is still around. I haven't seen much out there recently, but I did find a 65-67 while working, but can't tell the shape of it. I'll have to stop in one of these days.....keep looking, you'll find something....

baerpath

Come on out I'll let ya loose in the barns for a bit.

• Like 1

Rock farmer

"There are no Wheel horse's available for the slow to act."

And by that he means hours not days!

If you can't get there first thing the next morning it's gone!

Sparky

And by that he means hours not days!

Exactly!

Mike......

546cowboy

The thing about living in PA,NJ,NY or anywhere up there is you can drive a hundred miles for one and cover quite a few states. Seems like every thing I see around here is 150 miles away or more and usually more. You would think being about 80 miles from South Bend there would be more closer to me. But NO!!

Sparky

You would think being about 80 miles from South Bend there would be more closer to me. But NO!!

I don't think being close to the factory is what determines how many WH's are in your area. More like how many dealers are/were in your area.

Mike..........

varosd

It is curious that PA/NY and lower New England seems to be the nexus for Wheel Horse. now was this where the majority of the midwest machines were marketed and sold or did they end up hereafter being re sold again and again? Was there any Factory records on the marketing or zip codes where these dealers were that might shed some light?

Just happy being at the center of the Wheel Horse Universe! :wh: :rolleyes:

Shuboxlover

Northeast? What northeast?

Finding anything other than lawn mowers is rare up here!

You must be looking at New York and Pennsylvania!

Pennsylvania and New York IS northeast of Nebraska :ROTF:

• Like 1

Kevbo

I just scanned the Craigslist here in Reading, PA and found over 80 hits alone...so far I have only two wheel horses and it is taking everything in my power to not go out and buy more!! I need to make sone room in my shed and repair a broken craftsmen to sell and repair a broken John Deere to sell...it's funny the only ones that do not break are Wheel Horses!!! =) I think I'm becoming a collector...

can whlvr

boy up here we dont see 80 wheel horses in a year