Sign in to follow this  
Amanda

Help a girl out :)

Amanda

Ok so many of you know I've been looking for attachments for the D250. Well it's come down to two choices a snow plow or a single stage blower. I'm having a hard time choosing. What do you all think would benifit us more? On our 416 h we had both the plow was nice for the sidewalk and driveway and the blower was great for making path ways for the dog and home entrances, it was also a 2 stage. the d is really fast though so will the blower slow it down alot?? plan on making the trip the 2nd week of December. Everyone's input would be greatly appreciated!

Ken B

I'd go with the snow blade, You will be able to use it no matter how much snow you get. You'll need quite a bit of snow to use the snow thrower. The surface you are clearing will also play a role in your decision. You can't go wrong with the blade.

Edited by Ken B

Wheelhorse84

I say blade cause you can play in the dirt too.

varosd

Snow blade first...also can be used to push leaves,dirt,gravel etc pickup a snow thrower down the road! some folks will also just buy a 2 stage walk behind ST instead of a behemoth tractor mounted ST :occasion-xmas:

Kelly

Not sure how much snow you get there, but here in MI we get snow but little at a time, I have both a tractor set up with a blower and one with a blade, I use the blade 99% of the time, when we do get the 6" + snow fall I might get the blower out IF its the right kind of snow, and the blade can be used year round.

woodchuckfarmer

Id go with the blade like everyone said . Its a year round attachment...........Wayne

baerpath

Get the blade first. then go for the snowblower blade is year round usable snowblower isn't, either way make sure you get ALL the peices. Also you have the 3pt so a back blade is great for getting snow away from corners

See we all agree LOL

Amanda

Ill prob go with the blade. Duane do u still have the blade? Be better and maybe my dad won't use the backhoe too move the leaves :/ bahahahahahha

• Like 1

baerpath

Yup and chains if you need them

midnight rambler

AmandaRae if you could i would go with both, nothing beats being ready for that power dump of snow that usually comes and the blade is also very nice to use for other things as stated, if you can do both i think you would be very happy. take care

rmaynard

Given that you have to make a choice, you will use the blade more than the blower. My vote is for the blade.

Amanda

Thanks guys! I'd ask my husband but I want to surprise him :) Duane I will pm u when I get home oh and Brian asked if I wanted him to get it for me so he will probably be in contact with you

can whlvr

i too agree with the blade,but maybe your regreting selling your other horse,then you could have a blower on it,maybe you need to get another horse,hahaha

Amanda

i too agree with the blade,but maybe your regreting selling your other horse,then you could have a blower on it,maybe you need to get another horse,hahaha

We do regret. And need to buy more :)

Jim_M

Buy them both, it's only money, they print more every day.

Tankman

Blade first, snowblower later. If you think you need it.

Been movin' snow with WH's 30-40 years. Still usin' a blade even though I have a snowblower. The snowblower is sitting in the barn next to the four Stallions, not hooked up. What for?

If we're getting a foot of snow or more, I'll plow (dozer) a couple of times while it is snowing, maybe four inches or six inches deep. When it stops snowing, my drives are clear already. :-)

I always back the Horse into my barn. Up on 2 x 8's or larger, wheels, chains and blade are out of the drip, drip, drip. Blade and it's cutting edge are right now silicone sprayed, seems to stop the snow from stickin'.

I find myself thinkin', "Snow cab would be nice."

baerpath

I find myself thinkin', "Snow cab would be nice."

Tankman make an offer I have one listed in Classsifieds.

Duane

chevrat68

I think the blade is more fun. It's also cheeper. Don't forget weights and chains. I don't know how much you weigh, but if you are like my daughter you will need them. Without the weights I have to stand on the rear hitch for my daughter to get traction. Good luck to you and the snow forecast .

Duff

Not sure how much snow you get there......

Boylston is a ways west of Boston out toward Worcester, Kelly, and can be a great dumping ground for the infamous Nor'easters we get up this way!

That said, lesser amounts are more frequent and I think she'd be happier with a blade for all the reasons you and others have been posted here!

JMHO.....

Duff :thumbs:

Amanda

Thanks everyone. We have decided on the plow for now. Maybe even the blower too! Just figuring out time off and when we will be able to make our short trip to NY :)

May not even need it, yesterday was 60 out!!! Maybe it is the end of the world bahahahahahha :) :)

chevyaddict83

Thanks everyone. We have decided on the plow for now. Maybe even the blower too! Just figuring out time off and when we will be able to make our short trip to NY :)

May not even need it, yesterday was 60 out!!! Maybe it is the end of the world bahahahahahha :) :)

not the end. Im a 1/2 hour from ya, loving this weather.

Sent from my 416-8

Amanda

:)

855ownerJoel

Both.....Ok seriously the blade is the most frequently used, but having a blower for the big storm is really a bonus. I agree with most, blade would be first and used most, but.... I wouldn't pass up a good blower if it crosses you path.