Sign in to follow this  
nhwheelhorse

hi all need help with wiring

nhwheelhorse

well new here ,been lurking for a while have three wheel horses from my deceased grandfather. been trying to slowly restore them but hit a road blook wiring i have the oem harness but no clue where the condensor and coil wiries go. any help would be appreciated and thank you this board is a wealth of knowledge. B) :whistle:

phipsi27

B)

The experts here will help you but they will need to know the year and size of tractors you are needing help on.

Good luck and welcome!

phipsi27

Oh, and pictures help too.

B)

nhwheelhorse

sorry about that the first is a b80,then a rj58 and a 1067. the b80 is the first to go together,then the others. kinda sentemental value then anything else gramps bought thhem all new.been in the shed since he past away and just got to restoring them. i have diagrams but uncertain about hot cold and so forth on the coil condensor and such.house wiring is my thing not autos or equipment. thank you to all that can help,and sorry for the long post.i know stupid question and once again sorry :imstupid: i wil get pictures when the wife gets back , i broke the last camera so not allowed to touch this one.

TT

:whistle:

A model number would be nice too....

Too many variations make it tough to help you with out knowing the engine make and size.

Generally, on a battery ignition system, the condenser lead and wire to the breaker points connect to the negative post on the ignition coil. The power wire from the "I" terminal on the ignition switch connects to the positive terminal on the coil.

EDIT: I see you listed a B-80..... wire it as I have stated above. B)

nhwheelhorse

8 hp kohler and 1-0145 tractor 1974 b80 4 speed all i can tell as the serial and such is gone on the engine. went by the displacement and such the machine shop gave me. B) jerk of a brot.her ripped all the decals off when redoing it