Sign in to follow this  
Driver

The best model for a loader?

Driver

I have some WH and planning to get a tractor with a loader also.

Wich tractor suits best the loader?

Have seen a lot of GT 14 , is this the best for the loader?

I like the C models from the 70' best but also have a 520h.

I live in Sweden and the loader are not commen so have to get one from US.

Anybody who know a dealer that will ship to europe?

Either only the loader or tractor with loader.

Forest Road

I have a 522xi with factory loader. Love it! Power steering, dual range hydro trans and foot control forward/reverse. It's hands down the best wheel horse I've owned. I do wish it had a 3 point hitch and locking rear.

stevebo

A more common model is the 520 and with th gear reduction steering and wider front end it is a good candidate. You need to understand that a small garden tractor with a small loader on it will tackle small tasks ie snow clearing, moving mulch etc.

JackC

D series.

midnight rambler

i agree with the Xi series, if that dont do what you are looking to do maybe step up to a compact tractor with front wheel assist

ericj

the 1 " axels under the D series or the 520's are the strongest and best for front end loaders, but if you are putting it on a hydro tractor i would want a foot control , not enough hands for all af the controls you need to use at one time so with out foot controls i would put a FEL on a 8 speed just less you need your hands for so you can work the loader controls. just my 2 cents worth

eric j

KC9KAS

:WRS:

1maidenfan

:WRS:

Anything with power steering and foot control for forward and reverse would be best.

Thats my .02 cents

Once again.... :WRS:

Driver

Whats the different between a 522 and ie Toro 270?

Is the 522 an "old" model and the same frame as 520?

Ken B

I'm with Steve, I think a 520 is the best choice to put a loader on. Can't beat a model with forward swept axle and gear reduction steering. Add some arm rests and you'll be doing it in style.

Parts are plentiful for the 520, not so sure about the D's and 522's.

fireman

The D200 with the original ARK550 Loader was and incredible combination. It had a wider front axle than all the other tractors. The steering spindles had flat surface roller bearings between them and the axle that made it feel as if the tractor had power steering. This tractor was so beefy that there was a backhoe available for it manufactured by Brantly. I have used a C series, 520, and the D all with loaders on them and I say the D wins hands down.

Just my $.02

• Like 1

Jim_M

The following is just my 2 cents worth.

I sold my D160 with an Ark loader a few years ago. I didn't have enough hands to operate it and it took a half acre to turn it around and a lot of room to store.

I replaced it with a 520-H that has had a single cyl. diesel transplanted into it, a foot control added, easy spin steering and a Johnson loader with the controls on the right hand side. It's worked out much better for me.

Driver

Johnson loader or Kwick-Way loader ?

cheesegrader

I don't know about Sweden, but here the 520 is much easier to find and get parts for.

I have a Kwik-Way loader on a 520, and I love it.

I don't feel the need for power steering, gear reduction works just fine.

I plan to convert to a foot pedal, but I don't mind the hand control so far.

A spinner knob on the steering wheel is also on my wish list.

Forest Road

The 500 lxi and xi tractors were built from 1997 - 2007. Power steering was an option on some, standard on most. Dual range trans was standard with foot control. They were bigger than the 300/400/500. They weigh about 1000lbs. They last sold for about $8000 without any attatchments. For that kind of money I couldve bought a new Kubota 2wheel drive. No wonder they're no longer in production. If you find one in good shape jump on it! You wont be disappointed.