Sign in to follow this  
copperhead

Is this right or wrong...

copperhead

or does it even matter?...When I was swapping a quick attach from one machine to another I noticed the hubs on my C-100 are spaced away from the axle casing...The ones on my B-80 they are almost touching the casing...Am I comparing apples to oranges or is something amiss here?....The first picture is of the C-100 the second is the B-80..

post-5872-0-28731700-1353889069.jpg

post-5872-0-23183600-1353889081.jpg

Sparky

The C-100 is correct. I was always told the hubs should be flush with the ends of the axles. Look inside the rear rims of the C-100. I bet they are flush.

Mike..........

stevebo

what mike said....

1maidenfan

YEP :handgestures-thumbupright:

sorekiwi

Yep again.

copperhead

I went out and looked and the C-100 hubs are indeed flush with the end of the axle.....But so are the B-80's...Different axle lengths I presume?....Thanks for the info...

rustyoldjunk

I know i have noticed some different axle shaft lengths on different models over the years,not really sure why.i did notice on your B80 that the hub collars appear to extend out a little farther then the hubs on your C.

copperhead

I know i have noticed some different axle shaft lengths on different models over the years,not really sure why.i did notice on your B80 that the hub collars appear to extend out a little farther then the hubs on your C.

Looking at the pictures again it does seem like the B80 collars are a bit longer...I'll have to measure them both tomorrow and see if that's part of the reason for the difference...

Kelly

Some axles are longer than others, and hubs are not all the same, but like was said set the face of the hub flush with the end of the axle, so the set/lock bolt is centered over the key in the axle, that is the main thing you want, but 99% of the time if the hub is flush your good.