Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Winter team

Sparky

I'm a little later than usual with getting my winter tractors geared up with traveling for work and all but this morning I finished up getting my tractors winter ready. They both have Kohler Magnums instead of the original motors and I like it that way. The grey machine is a GT-1600 with a Mag 10 and the Black-hood is a C-105 with a Mag 12. 48" blade on the GT and a 42"er on the C. If it gets to deep I have a 1978 Gilson 26" walk behind with the original Briggs 8hp! Thats right...a Briggs. I never liked Tecumseh engines on anything including my last walk behind blower so I was thrilled to find an older blower with something other than a Tecumseh.

I decided to not hook up my tall chute single stage and the cab on my C-165 since the garage is getting packed enough without trying to cram that one in it as well.

Heres a couple pics...

Mike.......

post-2-0-09811600-1353612176_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-65841800-1353612195_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-20316000-1353612212_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-53750600-1353612228_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-56432500-1353612243_thumb.jpg

varosd

Looks great Mike...like a couple thoroughbreds ready at the gate! :D now where is that white stuff called snow?

wallfish

That could turn out to be a bad move on the blower. We had it easy last year but you never know what Mother Nature has in store for us this year.

Get that $20,000 car OUT of there and put in the C165! LOL

Nice line up. I still need to get my $**T together

nylyon

I'm doing similar, the 414-8 with a blade and a Toro walk behind snow blower. The cars stay in the garage this way!

• Like 1

squonk

The PK is always ready and the weights,chains,tires and plow all went on the C-160 last Sat. Dragged the tall shoot SS out and it's parked next to the C. Weather is too nice today to get the back blade and tires on the 704. Tore the Horse Hauler trailer floor off instead. Cut some new 2x8's and sprayed 2 coats of tinted sealer on them. I'm going to repaint the frame and bolt them on.

TT

I guess I better get moving on mine......

I mowed with the 416 today, and the GT-1848 is currently without a powerplant. :hide:

Wheelhorse84

First off nice tires on the gt. secondly holy seat!!!

Wishin4a416

Looks like you are ready.

Tankman

Looks like your Herd is ready for any snow event. Nice!

Horses are ready here in Eastern PA too. Dozer blade on a Stallion, snow blower on another of the Herd.

Hope I don't need to use them!

Sparky

Looks great Mike...like a couple thoroughbreds ready at the gate! :D now where is that white stuff called snow?

I'll be quite happy if I dont see one white flake this winter!

Mike..........

I'm doing similar, the 414-8 with a blade and a Toro walk behind snow blower. The cars stay in the garage this way!

Are you going to not install your sno-blower again this year?? Didn't that bite you in the butt last year....or the year before?

Mike...........

I mowed with the 416 today, and the GT-1848 is currently without a powerplant. :hide:

Really?? Did the Briggs bite the dust?

Mike.........

First off nice tires on the gt. secondly holy seat!!!

Yep, looks goofy buts its the most comfy seat ever Steve.

Mike..........

TT

Really?? Did the Briggs bite the dust?

Mike.........

It died while mowing a few months ago, but I got it running enough to get it back in the shed. It's always had what I call a 'death rattle' but as long as it ran, I wasn't too concerned. I snapped the deck back on the 416 and the WorkHorse has been sitting ever since.

My plan was to pull the opposed twin and replace it with an 18 horse Vanguard V twin, but I ended up tearing the old flathead apart to see if it was serious. It could stand a few valve guides, rings wouldn't hurt, and the crank gear keyway and pin ended up being the source of the rattle. If & when I get a gear and a pin, I'll probably stick it back together and run it until it dies completely. :confusion-shrug:

Jake Kuhn

Nice team! I'm ready and can't wait for some snow.

Ken B

I really like that Work Horse! No need for chains?

Rollerman

The Work Horse looks sharp Mike.

I keep a plow on my short frame "Mutt" all the time.

After the last two weak winters here....I think I'm gonna call old man winters bluff & not sweat it.

Sparky

I really like that Work Horse! No need for chains?

Not sure what the traction will be with those tires. I bought em after the last winter was over so they haven't seen snow yet. They dig in real good in the dirt.....but snow ain't dirt.

Theres a 50# weight on the outside and a 25# weight on the inside of each rear rim so hopefully I have enough weight to get the rubber to bite.

The Work Horse looks sharp Mike.

I keep a plow on my short frame "Mutt" all the time.

After the last two weak winters here....I think I'm gonna call old man winters bluff & not sweat it.

I'm kinda doing the same thing by leaving the WH blower in the shed. I really hope I am makin the right move...but if my past is an indication... :eusa-whistle:

Mike..........

stevebo

Looks like you are ready Mike. I was thinking the same thing as Ken on the chains. I need to get mine ready as well ...

fourwheels0

sorry guys but winter has been recalled this year because of the economy lol.

zieg72

I got 1/2 my team ready, stretched its legs a little pushing the burned leaves pile around some, then put on the doors and buttoned up the front... One more cutting in the front then the blower will be put on as the back up.

post-96-0-26087700-1353679541.jpg

post-96-0-45972500-1353679552_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

varosd

I got 1/2 my team ready, stretched its legs a little pushing the burned leaves pile around some, then put on the doors and buttoned up the front... One more cutting in the front then the blower will be put on as the back up.

Wow! that 64" plow is massive! any issues angleing it? did you have to extend the snow blade frame at all?

zieg72

Wow! that 64" plow is massive! any issues angleing it? did you have to extend the snow blade frame at all?

No issues angling it, and it is mounted on the standard 520H frame with the completing kit for a forward swept axle.

ericj

there is a set of the atv style tire for sale near me and i was wondering if they were worth it or not i've all ways ran bar tires

ben06351

That 78 Gilson is sweet my dad had the same one I loved that machine.

Cutlas3391

Hey sparky what kind of tires are on the rear of that Workhorse I love the tread style?

Wheel-N-It

Good looking work ready team guys! I'm set up to move snow too here where I live.................................................if we ever have any :sad-bored:

Sparky

Hey sparky what kind of tires are on the rear of that Workhorse I love the tread style?

Carlisle All Trail's. Haven't touched snow yet but I'm hoping they grab. Here's the thread about em.

Mike..........