Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

Searsstuff.com

catman81056

I registered to try to get some info on a tiller that I'm using as a doner for a pull behind and etill can't post a question. I've tried the "contact us" email and haven't gotten an answer yet. When I got my activation notice I followed all the directions and even tried emailing the moderator but my email was returned marked non existant.

Any clues?

Thanks

Tim

nylyon

Welcome, aside from looking at the searsstuff site for today, I haven't seen this site. This site has an automatic activation, basically the administrator doesn't need to approve any new members, some may? I'm going to move this to the other brands area.

Have you checked MyTractorForum.com for any of the sears / craftsman questions you may have, they have a lot of great helpful people there.

catman81056

Thats a good idea, I visit there everyday since I got a D-160.

Never really had alot of interest in a garden tractor but a lifelong friend used to own mine and he went ape&^#$ over it. Fresh 16hp Kohler(complete rebuild) went thru the hydo pump and then just sort of lost interest. Well actually he got an older fishing boat and went ape over it.

He ended up trading the tractor to my son for some work he did. I asked my son what he was going to do with it and he didn't really know. 6mths later I get the call to bring the trailer to his buddies farm and they give me it to me. Can't beat that.

I got a mowing deck(50" i think) and a snow blade. I wanted to get a tiller and decided that it wouldn't be all that hard to convert the one I had. I'm adding tines to both sides making it 46" wide, wrap around frame out or 1 1/2 x 1/4 angle iron, adding bearing supports on the ends of the tine shafts. My main concern since I'm using the 3pth on the rear of the tiller, will the trany hold up to counter rotating the tines? This tiller has 2 forward gears and 1 reverse, looks like a shifter sticking out the back. Also will the 5hp briggs be enough? I have a 7hp briggs but it's huge compared to the 5, almost as big as the 16 on my tractor.

Sorry about the rambling.

I'll post over there and see what happens.

Thanks again

nylyon

Ya see, that's not rambling, that's EXACTLY the kind of story which belongs here. A FREE D-160, not that's worth talking about (even better to share pictures). Heck, I can't answer any of your questions I don't have and never had a D before, but there are several here who do, and maybe they can help. Anyway, again welcome!

catman81056

Thanks, I plan on taking pics as the build goes. If I can figure out how to downsize them I'll be glad to post them.

I only have 1 pics of the D-160 at this time, It didn't have a grill so I made 1.

I'll try to post it.

Tim

How do you add pics?

refracman

Tim welcome to our little world here, i use photo bucket

http://photobucket.com/

follow the steps and use the message board size its the bottom of the four choices ya get i think. any how its free and easy to use

gald your here

Steve

catman81056

tractorgrill.jpg

It worked!!!

Here's the grill I made.

Thanks for the heads up Steve.

nylyon

Very nice! Good job on the grill too!

catman81056

Thanks

T-Mo

Looks good. And you can't beat a free tractor.

As for the stress on the transmission with the counter rotating tines, I'm sure it will. But it's a good question that I simply don't have the experience to answer. I know some here can answer and I hope they jump into this thread to give you an infinitive answer.