Sign in to follow this  
SousaKerry

Dancing snowblower

SousaKerry

Well this weekend I finally got all the parts to my snowblower together. New chain, straitened and painted wings, new home made lift rod and flag. While I had the chain off I inspected the bearings and all are good.

Started the ol C-175 up and revved it up to full throttle, under no load spinning a full throttle it begins to hop around a bit, is this normal? 3/4 throttle it seems fine but the imbalance kind of scares me.

BTW does anybody know the approximate year they started using stickers for the model tag? This one has a sticker that is now blank and I can't get any numbers off of it, it is a single stage with skids not the adjustable wheels.

wallfish

Mine never bounced around that was very noticable. You say the bearings are good so could the auger be bent a little?

Kelly

Mine vibrate but don't bounce around, I'll be putting mine on this week sometime, so I check it out again.

TheReDStAnG

I think my tall shoot bounces around too, but only when it is up. Let us know what you find out.

can whlvr

mine dont bounce around,but ive got one that is vibrating real bad because of an out of round or bent auger

HorseFixer

Started the ol C-175 up and revved it up to full throttle, under no load spinning a full throttle it begins to hop around a bit, is this normal? 3/4 throttle it seems fine but the imbalance kind of scares me.

You prolly Got BUCKEYE NUTTS Jammed in the Auger! :eusa-whistle: and bUcKeYeS are scared easily! :eek: :ychain:

gwest_ca

The last year for the wheels on the 42" C-Series snowthower was 1982 with model 06-42ST02.

The skids are used on 06-42ST03, 06-42ST04, 06-42ST05, 06-42ST06, 06-42ST07, 79360, 79362

The first year for the wear bar is 1987 on model 06-42ST05

The last year for the chute cable is 1990 on model 06-42ST06

Garry

SousaKerry

Ok thanks guys looks like my unit is somwhere between 82-87 as the sticker also still reports the Ireland Rd address. I will try to get a video of it sometime tomorrow if I get time. The auger is a little beat up but no worse then most I have seen probobly took some rocks or ice chunks at some point and bent the Auger Barrel. After the way the wings were beat on the thing I think someone used it for a battering ram at some point. :eusa-think:

TT

Perhaps they used it to clean dirt out of a ditch. :hide:

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Perhaps they used it to clean out a ditch. :hide:

Of BuckeYe Nutts!

SousaKerry

So I go our to take a video today and the thing makes a liar out of me...

Now it runs fine. Here is the video just in case your bored.

And sorry about the sound neighbor decided to play with his leaf blower while I was playing with my snow blower

Edited by Sousakerry2

JackC

The impeller really spins. Looks like it should work well. Seemed pretty smooth in the video.