Sign in to follow this  
dsmithjr

Wheel Horse guys Help me out what do I have?

dsmithjr

A family friend told me about a lady who has a wheel horse for sell because she needed $$. She says her Dad has owed since new sometime in the 60s and her ex husband had started to restore it. I bought what you see. I got pieces and parts and parts and pieces. I normally just buy Cubs but decided to take a chance on this. I found a piece a paper in a box with the tractor with the following numbers written on it. HM-80-156063F SER 1042-D These are hand written and hard to read.What is it?? Whats it worth? Anybody interested in buying any of it? Thanks for the help!

20121117_165731.jpg20121117_165750.jpg20121117_165806.jpg20121117_165832.jpg20121117_165852.jpg

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Don't quote me but I want to say its a 1964 654. Someone else will see this thread and can tell you for sure. you got some great attachments for it. The sickle bar is a very hard to find item and can bring as high as a couple hundred bucks. how about some more pics of the attachments. ~Jake

AMC RULES

Geeze, look at that! :scared-eek:

You gotta admit...that little guy is so much cooler than those old yeller Cubs.

:WRS:

• Like 1

dsmithjr

I plan to unload tomorrow and get more pics then. I do know the sickle bar is not all there. I only got the cutting bar as far as I can tell. The disc is in great shape. The plow is a David Bradley and is worn pretty bad but usable.

dw753

Bring it North to Indiana ill make ya good offer for it. I see a sickle in there

dsmithjr

Geeze, look at that! :scared-eek:

You gotta admit...that little guy is so much cooler than those old yeller Cubs.

:WRS:

Well Thumper I don't hardly agree about that I kinda like my Cub diesel. LOL However this tractor cool that's why I bought it. Depending on what my research turns up will depend on whether it stays or goes. She told me everything that is red has been powder coated. I think there are a lot of missing pieces though.

Bring it North to Indiana ill make ya good offer for it. I see a sickle in there

You pay the haul bill and I can have it delivered or better yet come to Southern KY and pick it up the weathers warmer down here :). Yea there is part of a sickle bar but I dont think its complete.

1maidenfan

WOW, excellent find!!!

• Like 1

rydogg

1964 model could be a 604 654 or 704 the HM numbers you found are from a 8hp tecumseh that has nothing to do with this wheel horse since this would have had a 6hp tecumseh, 6.5hp kohler or 7hp kohler. I am interested in all of it but you are 13.5 hours from Minnesota so I will have to pass unfortunately.

Foozerush

Nice find... Looks great with those ag's on all four corners!! Looks like you need an engine, seat, and wired up and ready to roll!!

jay in nc

:text-welcomewave: very nice tractor. just add a k181 kohler and you will fall in love! i second what the other members are saying, i would love to have it but moneys funny & it's too far. i predict you will sell within a few days. jay

weien's wheel horses

Ill take her off your hands in Kansas

• Like 1

TT

1964 model could be a 604 654 or 704 ................... would have had a 6hp tecumseh, 6.5hp kohler or 7hp kohler.

604 = recoil start 6hp Tecumseh

654 = electric start 6hp Tecumseh

704 = recoil start 7hp Kohler

dsmithjr

According to PO it had a Kohler. I did get a parts K181 with the tractor so that would make it a 704.

rydogg

k181 is a 8hp a 704 should have a k161

buckrancher

According to PO it had a Kohler. I did get a parts K181 with the tractor so that would make it a 704.

orginal kohler it should be a K161 7hp

Brian

Kelly

The K181 is a 8hp, I see the belt guard is for a tecumseh engine so it probably was a 654 or 604

I don't see a batt tray in any pic, so I'm leaning to a 604, and after looking at the pics I see parts from a John Deere 8hp and the long dip stick tube is the JD style so it probably came from a JD.

And I'm slow at typing they beat me to it ^^^^^^

Edited by Kelly

AMC RULES

One, or two piece gas tank on it now?

TT

One, or two piece gas tank on it now?

Those tractors have the oval Kohler-style tank under the hood.

Kelly

Yup and those tanks are hard to find that are not rusty.

dsmithjr

I got a Kohler K181 some sort of Tecumseh and a Briggs with it. The PO said she thought it had the Kohler originally but that may not be correct. The briggs was rebulit and bought as a replacement engine but it looks to big to fit with modifications

dsmithjr

It has an oval tank powder coated red outside looks rusty inside. There is also a second tank rusty all over. you can see it in the photo album

dsmithjr

Ok guys its all gonna go. My business/restore partner (my 15 yoa daughter) said its to small and she wants another wide frame Cub. So we are selling this. Im going to post in the for sale and on Ebay.

groundhog47

A family friend told me about a lady who has a wheel horse for sell because she needed $$. She says her Dad has owed since new sometime in the 60s and her ex husband had started to restore it. I bought what you see. I got pieces and parts and parts and pieces. I normally just buy Cubs but decided to take a chance on this. I found a piece a paper in a box with the tractor with the following numbers written on it. HM-80-156063F SER 1042-D These are hand written and hard to read.What is it?? Whats it worth? Anybody interested in buying any of it? Thanks for the help!

20121117_165731.jpg20121117_165750.jpg20121117_165806.jpg20121117_165832.jpg20121117_165852.jpg

GEEEEEZE, don't know the model. but it's soooooo neat, great find man!!!

dsmithjr

If your interested in any of it email me direct at cubcadet2284@yahoo.com or call me at 606-219-5295. Leave a message if I dont answer so I can call you back.