Sign in to follow this  
BOWTIE

654 WHEEL HORSE AUCTION

BOWTIE

WENT TO A AUCTION TODAY AND THEY HAD IT ADVERTISED 654. THE BELT COVER DECAL SAID 654, I COULDN'T READ THE MODEL NUMBER JUST THE SERIAL IT STARTED WITH A 4XXXX. I LOOKED IT OVER AND IT HAD K161 KOHLER NOT LOCKED UP WITH COMPRESSION,A DOUBLE PULLEY STARTER/GENERATOR WITH NO COVER. IT ALSO HAD A ALUMINIUM GAS TANK/DASH, NO DECK AND WITH REAR AXLE PLOW ATTACHMENT. IT WAS IN ROUGH SHAPE IT SOLD FOR $50. THE BUYER OPEN THE BID AND NOBODY BID AGAINST HIM. HE SHOULD AT STARTED A $25. IT WAS IN MORENGO,OHIO. WAS ANYBODY ELSE THERE?

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Jake Kuhn

that was very cheap! I have seen those rear plow mounts on ebay go for over 50 bucks alone! ~Jake

AMC RULES

He wouldn't have gotten it that cheap if I was there.

BOWTIE

GUYS, I THINK HE WAS A SCRAPPER. MOST OF THE STUFF IN THE AUCTION WAS BEING BOUGHT AS SCRAP METAL 10 OLD CARS,TRANSMISSION CORES AND RUSTY JUNK EVERYWHERE. HE ALSO HAD A LOT OF NICE GUNS, PARTS AND AMMO LOADS. I THOUGHT ABOUT IT BUT I DON'T NEED ANOTHER ROUGH PROJECT. BOWTIE

squonk

Should have bid him up. YUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!

Edited by squonk

rmaynard

K161 with double pulley and aluminum gas tank? Sounds more like the buyer got a deal on a 701 with the wrong belt cover.

• Like 1

Sparky

K161 with double pulley and aluminum gas tank? Sounds more like the buyer got a deal on a 701 with the wrong belt cover.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Mike.........

Jake Kuhn

If it went to a scrapyard I hope someone can rescue it :no:

KC9KAS

As I read the description, I don't think it was a 654.. :confusion-shrug:

But for the money, I would have bought it for parts or a fixer-upper. :banana-wrench:

octfst

I saw the auction zip pics. it was a 654 & looked rough but could'nt tell what motor it had. sounds like it was a 701 K161 but the tractor was not a 701 it had the 654 style dash & hood

post-3210-0-16712400-1353286327.jpg

Edited by octfst

BOWTIE

HELLO OCTFST, THAT IS NOT THE TRACTOR HE BOUGHT. THE TRACTOR HAD MORE RED PAINT,NO SEAT,LONG CYLINDER TYPE MUFFLER STICKING OUT THE SIDE AND NO PAINT ON THE GAS TANK AT ALL.. I GUESS IT WAS A 701. THE AUTION AD READ A 604 AND 654. THERE WA NO 604 AT ALL. THERE WAS A 1054 THERE BUT NOT IN THE AUCTION. IT LOOKED CORRECT AND ORIGINAL. THEY SHOW PICTURE OF IT IN THE GARAGE.WITH THE BATTERY IN IT. I NOTICED THE PICTURE YOU SHOW IS ADDED AT THE END OF PICTURE SHOW. I THINK SOMEBODY SWAP THE TRACTOR FOR ANOTHER ONE. I WAS EXPECTING A DIFFERENT TRACTOR MYSELF. I DON'T THINK ANYBODY CARED ABOUT THE SWAP NOTHING WAS SAID BY AUCTIONEER. IT WAS GOOD PARTS TRACTOR FOR SURE. I CAN'T BUY THEM ALL AT THE WHEEL HORSE AUCTIONS I GO TO. I WILL TAKE A CAMERA TO THE AUCTIONS FROM NOW ON, JUST LET RED SQUARE MEMBERS KNOW WHAT'S IN OHIO. THANKS

BOWTIE IN GAHANNA,OHIO

Hammerhead

Dang that was in my neck of the woods and I missed it completely! Ain't no scrappers gonna get them if I can help it! Oh well...KJ

BOWTIE

HEY HAMMERHEAD, THAT WAS ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM YOU. IF INTERESTED THE 1054 MAY STILL BE THERE. IT WAS A ESTATE SALE.

BOWTIE