Sign in to follow this  
KEN NABER

Snow Blower

KEN NABER

Hi

anyone have a snowblower attachment on a 60 or 61 suburban? anyonw with onw on an RJ 58-59 ??

Thanks

Ken

wallfish

I have a ST 302 that I put on a '61 401. I never used it for snow and I doubt a 4hp engine could do much with it anyway. It just looks cool for driving around at the shows but I was thinking of trying to run it on a 702.

It's not on the tractor now otherwise I would get you some pics.

KEN NABER

wallfish

I was thinking the same about it functioning but would like to mount it and try. I have an ST302 without the mounting block so i have to make one and i do not have picture or measurements. I am also missing the long lift rod and flags which i guess I have to make. I have no clue about the lifting mechanisim or the route the fan belts take. If you would please post some pics or send me some, lay a measuring stick next to the mount block please, a pic of the fan belt side, a pic of the mount section, pic of lift rod mechanism swing location? all I have is the tractor and the st 302 without any mount block or lift rod or lift rod length. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ken

wallfish

I don't have an original mount that goes on the tractor, I built mine from looking at the parts diagram. There's a manual for it here in the manual section.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/6-implement-manuals/page__sort_order__DESC__sort_key__file_submitted__num__10__filter_key__all__st__110

The lift rod is fairly short with 2 flags, maybe 18 inches long. I'll get some exact measurements for you. The manual gives a belt length and it just routes from the engine pulley straight to the little gearbox on the blower.

Post a pic of your blower so I can see what is missing and what I need to get you measurements for.

KEN NABER

wallfish

Thank you for yor help, I really appreciate it. I also have 1 flat pivot crank support. Things I wonder about include, the clutch pedal location and how it engages the belt a pic would be very nice, how the lift rod attaches to swing that connects to lift handle(I am missing the part that connects the lift arm to the lift rod flag I assume its a swing that goes between frame rails on the rod the brake pedal swings on). I was also thinking it would be underpowered. I have my c-141 with snowblower attachment ready to take care of it. I also have plows for both and 9 out of 10 times thats good enough. thanks again

Ken

post-8847-0-12104200-1352976542_thumb.jp

post-8847-0-10870600-1352976557_thumb.jp

post-8847-0-31047300-1352976571_thumb.jp

Edited by KEN NABER

wallfish

My blower is not on the tractor so I can't provide complete pics with it installed but I'm sure we can get you going. Here's your pic with pointers and I'll get you some pics and measurements for the lift rod, mount and chute handle

post-658-0-15456300-1352998191_thumb.jpg

TT

I don't know how hard it would be to track "oldandred" Jerry down for information, but there's a picture of his posted in the gallery:

wallfish

Here's some marked up pics. The foot pedal is the same one used for the dozer blade so a classified ad may score you one.

post-658-0-57829700-1353001275_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-25139000-1353001290_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-43987100-1353001312_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-87467700-1353001328_thumb.jpg

post-658-0-48381100-1353001337_thumb.jpg

KEN NABER

Gentlemen

These two parts do not move, it appears they may be frozen or rusted. Before I heat um up please confirm these should move. The lift flag rides on the lower drive shaft which has a pivot tube over the shaft (I may be wrong). the lower drive shaft spins as well as pulleys and gears and chain as well as snow auger, both mounting support brackets move, the flag and gear box do not move. Needs some heat and bust rust perhaps, comments please.

Ken

Thanks Guys! Your guidance is Appreciated !!

post-8847-0-58078300-1353003349_thumb.jp

Edited by KEN NABER

KEN NABER

Gentlemen

It appears that the lift rod is off to the side but the flag on the blower is center, does the lift rod head off on an angle to connect directlly to the lift lever without any intermediate swing?

Ken

post-8847-0-57333400-1353006849_thumb.jp

Edited by KEN NABER

wallfish

Yes the lift rod connects directly to the lift lever. The flags are off set 45 deg on the rod to compensate for the angle

Yes, ALL of those parts should move

KEN NABER

Wallfish

u r the best, you have gone beyond any expectations, A+++ , IOU.

will keep u posted

Ken

my dream snowblower

post-8847-0-51327100-1353019893_thumb.jp

KEN NABER

Back Again

Got the flag moving full range. Thinking I should take the gear box apart prior to heat. Tomorrow I will do that. The drive shaft turns freely inside the pivot tube. The flag moves around the pivot tube freely. Now my question is, The Mounting channel rear section, Should that also swing freely on the pivot tube like the flag does?

Ken

Edited by KEN NABER

wallfish

Both of those mounting brackets should also move freely.

If you spin the pulley on the gear box it should spin the auger.

KEN NABER

Guys and Gals

Got the gear box moving today, very happy about that as all is moving nicely. Opened up the gear box and a thing of beauty it was full of gear lube and shiney. With all of the help from this site including wallfish and TT I now can visualize how all works. Now I have to find material to make the mounting block and lift rod. Saturday back to the engine, hope to get all working soon.

Thanks

post-8847-0-87049900-1353111299_thumb.jp