Wheelhorse84

PTO issues

Wheelhorse84

So my C-160's pto will not disengage. No matter ow must i thread the trunion piece out it stays engaged. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

rmaynard

Sounds like you could have something hooked up wrong. The PTO only moves in and out several thousandths of an inch before it hits the brake pad. Could be a weak. broken, or missing helper spring inside the PTO itself.

Wheelhorse84

Could the brake pad need to be adjusted?

rmaynard

Sure could. The procedure should be in your owners manual.

Wheelhorse84

Thanks

Don1977

It could also be the C-clip on the inside has come off the short 3/4" shaft that is attached to the PTO loop. That's what pulls the pulley away from the clutch disk.

Wheelhorse84

If I push the bracket that the threaded rod is attached to all the way forward or as forward as it will go it will disengage.

dsholler

Does it slip when it is engaged? If so, then it is probably the c-clip as mentioned above... I have had trouble with a worn and dirty shaft where the clip popped out of its little groove, so the bracket was for all intents no longer attached to the pulley. The whole thing is not that hard to take apart.. you might just want to do that.

Wheelhorse84

It doesn't slip when engaged. I'm gonna take it apart tomm

Wheelhorse84
post-6185-135405229989_thumb.jpg So this is what it looks like underneath the PTO pulley on my C1 60. I took the pulley off my b100 and in that threaded hole was some screw with two washers on the end of it in and that one on that tractor works perfect. And my missing the screw at the end of this shaft with the two washers in order to make my pulley go in and out the right way. And also is there spring inside there that goes on the surface of that crankshaft and pushes on the pulley any diagrams or pictures would be appreciated.

rmaynard

The B-100 and the C-160 should both have the stud in the end of the crankshaft with two thrust washers and a spring to help push out the PTO bell. If you are missing them, that is your problem.

Wheelhorse84

Great now I know how to fix it

Wheelhorse84

The stud that goes into the crankshaft cost me $33 at my local wheelhorse guy. The little tiny thrust bearing $12. Wow that's expensive.

psalms83:18

Anybody got pics of that spring??

rmaynard

52 minutes ago, psalms83:18 said:

Anybody got pics of that spring??

TOR_104841.jpg.9939bafe1b2387a5ee3cd6121

It can also be found under the seat on 300 series models.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1