Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

I got a day off, and its snowing!!!!!!!

6wheeler

Good Morning all. Its Monday morning 7:10 am (cst) and my dispatcher just called and put me on hold :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingyellow: . Ma has to go to town and do her Eagles chores and then she is off to school. I am all alone today! On Saturday it got up to 68 degrees here and yesterday the bottom fell out of the thermometer. So today? Its too cold to pour concrete outside and everyone cancelled. I just lit the wood furnace in the Gerudge and in about an hour it will be perfect in there. On Saturday I did all the outside work. I got all the tractors ready for winter sleeping time, except the 165(it wouldn't start). It got a free Bobcat ride to the garage. So, guess who gets warm wood fire garage heat wrenching time :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench: ? ME, thats who.... After the tractor was in the garage, I dropped the forks off the Bobcat and on went the plow. And now its snowing :greetings-clappingyellow: . Is it my birthday? Christmas? All my presents at once? I hope you all have as good a day as I will....... Pat

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:wwp:

Maybe the Mrs could pick you up a lottery ticket while she's in town.

Hey, you never know...this really could be you're lucky day. :)

rydogg

On Saturday I was deer hunting in a t-shirt and my orange vest since it was in the 70's and Sunday I had to bundle up and freeze while I sat in my deer stand than I got home and remembered it was supposed to get down to 18 degrees and the Farmall H hadn't been winterized yet due to a leaking radiator so about 8pm I was trying to start it with no luck I needed to jump start it to get it to the garage than I went in the house to catch some football and fell asleep until 2am I woke up and remembered that I needed to get the wood stove fired up so tractor wouldn't freeze up needless to say I was wide awake after being out in the cold wind. Can't wait to move to Florida :dance: Hopefully the wife doesn't change her mind.

• Like 1

6wheeler

Sorry you had to get cold Ryan. Did ya see anything? I Bow hunt so I got mine a few weeks ago while it was still nice out. I hope you got the "H" running and drained. You will miss this energizing weather if you go down to the swamp land. Plus, I don't ever remember a hurricane coming ashore here. We didn't get enough snow to plow but it sure looked pretty. Craig, sorry no pics. It was too darn cold to run back to the house to get a camera. The 165 is running once again (loose wire) and now has its winter oil change and greasing and is tucked away for its long winter nap as well. Ma came home about 5:00 pm and said, "You been out here all day"? "YUP", I said. I made all the tools get back in their places in the tool boxes ( I know they will sneak out again, when I leave). But for now, its all cleaned up. I even cleaned up the benches and put the torches and welders away. After all of that, I put the F-250 in (it blew a rear brake line). But, I didn't start on that. It was still nice and warm in there and the Busch lights started calling so I had to answer. I can definitely see this happening again on Saturday. :tools-wrench::tools-hammerdrill: :orcs-cheers:

• Like 3

stevasaurus

AAAAHHHH, winter in Minnesota...you guys are so lucky. Got down to 19F degrees here last night with a brushing of snow. Keep sending that stuff this way. :)