520H Loader Project

jay in nc

my you do nice work , nice save on an abused tractor! Jay

KC9KAS

Very nice looking tractor and loader. :text-coolphotos:

Wheelhorse84

Looks great.

posifour11

Very well done and a clean install. I like it.

What are the specs for the hydraulic system?

dclarke

Nice job on the loader, it looks like a factory build. :thumbs:

Jim_M

Nice job. I have a similar setup, I think you'll find that you need about 4 times more weight on the rear.

Ken B

That 520 has come a looooonnnnggg way. You did a fantastic job bringing her back, not too mention that is some pretty nice fab work on that loader.

AMC RULES

Looks really good...where did you find the front hubs and axles?

wallfish

Very nice.

That's a great idea to roll the bucket a little farther back. I need to modify mine to do that since the material is always spilling out when the bucket is full.

JoeM

Thanks for all the feedback!

The hydraulic pump came from Northern item number 10567 .517cu, 4 gpm @ 1800rpm and 8 @ 3600. Would be good if I was installing a back hoe, too much for just the loader. I should have used item number 1002965 .094 Cu. 1.5 gpm @ 1800 and 3 gpm @ 3600. the relief is set at 2000psi but I am going to adjust it down, maybe 1200? This may keep my son out of trouble when he uses the machine.

The front hubs, I believe, are also Northern item number 57204.

One inch front axles are 520H from e bay, (lucked out and bought these right).

10-4 on the extra weight got steel plates coming that will bolt on to the rear tank area.

wallfish

I used the same pump for my hoe and it is fast but once I got used to it, everything is good. The slew cylinder (side to side) is the only one that may need to have a flow control. It's a bit dangerous during the occasional miscue.

HorseFixer

WoW oilu52 yep you Resurected this one back from the PITS OF HELL! :eusa-clap: My hats off to ya pal :notworthy: I love craftsmanship and you delivered big time. :) Hmmmm........ :eusa-think: I do have a spare 520 :rolleyes: Ya got me ta thinking.

Keep up the Good Work, :thumbs:

~Duke

MalMac

Nice life saving on the 520, really nice loader that's one to be proud of. wish I could tear down my Ark and redo it but it is in constant use. You will probably find the same thing, always using the loader for something big or small jobs.

312Hydro

Very nice fab work on the FEL and a great job on the 520H too. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

Stigian

Wow Joe.. Some great work there.. Your FEL looks very heavy duty :handgestures-thumbup:

gcole

Great job on the tractor and loader

smoreau

Nice looking foot control on that 520! How well does it work! looks like a modified Matt set up. Loader looks great!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

JoeM

Yep, I purchase the stuff from Matt less the pedal. I fabed the pedal assy. Works pretty good. I did replace the steel bushing piece that slides in the "birds mouth" with a bearing and that made a great deal of difference. So far so good.

Thanks to all the positive feed back!

JackC

Must be nice to be able to make what you want.

Very nice piece of work.

tiggercl

Just out of interest what is the most appropriate style of front tyre when a loader is installed (ease of steering, minimal turf damage etc.) ?

posifour11

What sizes are your cylinders? I've always wondered what the right size and stroke would be.

Ken B

Just out of interest what is the most appropriate style of front tyre when a loader is installed (ease of steering, minimal turf damage etc.) ?

I think a set of tri ribs would be best myself.

• Like 1

JoeM

Cylider size for this machine is 14" stroke maxim #288-305.

The tires I used are trailer tires. Wanted to make sure they could handle a load. Got them at etrailer.com, part number am3h200. Something to think about when selectiong loader tires is first the load rating, I like 2 x safety factor per tire, next footprint, on soft ground wider is better, but steering gets tougher the wider you go.

HorseFixer

I think a set of tri ribs would be best myself.

Yer Right! :handgestures-thumbupright: