Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

Happy Veterans Day

Pollack Pete

I want to take a minute to thank all the Veterans here.Thank you for all your sacrfices and all your help in making this the greatest place on earth to live.God bless you all.

Pollack Pete

AMC RULES

:text-+1: Past and present. :thanks:

post-3498-0-92333100-1352640457_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-78234100-1352640499_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-69638900-1352640530_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

AMEN :USA:

littleredrider

Thanks, but I didn't really do anything the whole 8 years I was in. But what pisses me off, tomorrow schools have it off, but I have to work.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

"A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'â€

My branch, the U. S. Coast Guard has for the official motto: " Semper Paratus" (Always Ready.) The Coast Guard's unofficial motto is "You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

The history of the unofficial motto dates from the United States Life Saving Service and to the men who launched small boats to row out to attempt rescues. "A ship was stranded off Cape Hatteras on the Diamond Shoals and one of the lifesaving crew reported the fact that this ship had run ashore on the dangerous shoals. The old skipper gave the command to man the lifeboat and one of the men shouted out that we might make it out to the wreck but we would never make it back. The old skipper looked around and said, 'The Blue Book says we've got to go out and it doesn't say a damn thing about having to come back.'"

Etheridge was not exaggerating. The Regulations of the Life-Saving Service of 1899, Article VI "Action at Wrecks," section 252, page 58, state that: "In attempting a rescue the keeper will select either the boat, breeches buoy, or life car, as in his judgment is best suited to effectively cope with the existing conditions. If the device first selected fails after such trial as satisfies him that no further attempt with it is feasible, he will resort to one of the others, and if that fails, then to the remaining one, and he will not desist from his efforts until by actual trial the impossibility of effecting a rescue is demonstrated. The statement of the keeper that he did not try to use the boat because the sea or surf was too heavy will not be accepted unless attempts to launch it were actually made and failed (underlining added), or unless the conformation of the coast--as bluffs, precipitous banks, etc.--is such as to unquestionable preclude the use of a boat."

This section of the Regulations remained in force after the creation of the Coast Guard in 1915. The new Instructions for United States Coast Guard Stations, 1934 edition, copied Section 252 word for word as it appeared in 1899. [1934 Instructions for United States Coast Guard Stations, Paragraph 28, page 4].

A salute to the Coasties and other service men and women; and a sailor's prayer for those who lost their lives at sea.

• Like 3

1maidenfan

Thanks, but I didn't really do anything the whole 8 years I was in. But what pisses me off, tomorrow schools have it off, but I have to work.

Thats odd, our schools are in? Of coarse I am off I work for the VA. :flags-usa::flags-waveusa: :USA:

groundhog47

:USA:Ditto Pete and also Remembrance to our :canada: Canadian and :UK: United Kingdom veterans, past and present

Tankman

TANKS for the thanks! And thank ya'll for the support.

Camp Lejeune, NC

2nd Marine Division ~ '64-'68

8th Marines

SAM58

Thank you for your service... :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

My Dad was a Prisoner of War in Germany 44-45

Oldest brother Vietnam 68-69

They both made it home, but a lot did not.

I salute you.

May GOD Bless You and Keep You.

Buckshot 1

:) Happy Veterans day and Thank you for your service, to those gone and present. Wether you are a United States, Candadian or British Veterans. :flags-usa::canada: :flags-wavegreatbritain: