Sign in to follow this  
Wheel-N-It

Lookie What Followed Me Home Today

Wheel-N-It

OK, Update & Pic. I cut and hauled firewood most of the day. Well that and turning the cutting blade on my 6 foot tractor blade 180degrees so I can have a fresh cutting edge. ( I wear a both sides of a cutting blade out every two years). Also tuned on the 312 carb some more. This time started with the low speed, then high speed adjustment. Now I have it almost where I want it. I think the serious carb tweaking along with a new spark plug is going to get the 12hp Kohler running to my satisfaction. Now it will idle really slow, to where you can almost count the revolutions. Thats a good sign to me. I cleaned on it a little more too. Also installed some lightly used headlight trim pieces. The next thing to polish on is the seat/fender pan. Also replace one of the tail light lenses. Then clean it all some more. I want to have it as clean as possible come Christmas Morning. Anyway here is tonights pic.

post-5982-0-27142600-1352774988_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tankman

Looks darn purdy! Why wait for Christmas, you did miss my B-Day!

A little elbow grease on the rims, please. And, maybe some Miller tire paint wouldn't hurt.

Get choppin'! :banana-tux:

AMC RULES

:omg: You can stop cleaning now...at this point, SIL will need to mount chains on his butt to stay in that seat. :scared-eek:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

:omg:You can stop cleaning now...at this point, SIL will need to mount chains on his butt to stay in that seat. :scared-eek:

:laughing-rolling: HAHAHA Craig, thats funny! But you ain't seen my Son-In-Law yet. He's been lifting truck motors for 20years and built like a bulldozer! That boy has a butt that can hold down a whole team of Wheel Horses. He could drive that 312-8 around a skid pad till it pulls 1G and not slide off the seat!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Sounds like.............. :text-datsphatyo:

Hope we get some picts of the big.................. reveal. :ROTF:

:wwp:

Wheel-N-It

Hope we get some picts of the big.................. reveal. :ROTF:

Sure thing Craig! I'll take (and post) some pics of him driving around the 312 on Christmas Day with a big smile on his face. For a pic from the rear its a good thing the 312 has a semi high back seat, cause we all know Crack Kills :text-tmi::omg: :blink:

Ken B

I didn't realize your SIL didn't know about this, wow he is gonna be one happy truck motor liftin dude! (Sounds like the kinda guy that would love a cold beverage holder mounted on the fender to me!)

Did you paint the seat or did you spray some special spray shine on it? Can't be Armorall?

Jake Kuhn

WOW, that is a great looking horse! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Thank you Ken and Jake.

Ken, I used a product made by 3M for tires. It works good on vinyl seats and other trim pieces.

Last night I installed the proper size air filter, and a new Champion H-10 spark plug. While I was cleaning the wheels, I noticed the left front wheel is held on with a nail. That will not be much longer. I always have alot of cotter pins on hand for such cases. The little plastic cap that covers the spindle was missing, and now I know why. I happen to have a spare one sitting on the workbench so now it will have a new home on the 312. I'm getting close to having the tractor finished, next will be doing some necessary maintenance to a 42" SD deck to install on the 312. The rear discharge deck will get new paint and blades, and go back and forth (along with a pull behind yard sweeper) between me and the SIL as is necessary to keep the yards clean. What I would like to do next is bring another WH tractor back to good condition to run the RD deck. Then tractor, deck, and sweeper can go back and forth between him and me.

Wheel-N-It

Another update. Basically the tractor is now finished. I have a choke cable soaking in some derusting liquid. As soon as the cable is free again it will be installed. I took the 312 out for a little drive around the property this afternoon, and it ran just fine. Unfortunately the 42" deck I thought was good is not what I thought it was. I need another deck. PM me if you have one I can get locally.

Here are todays pics for your viewing pleasure;

post-5982-0-26226200-1353886131_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-78761500-1353886163_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-07343900-1353886194_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-73244600-1353886228_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Cleaned up really nice. :bow-blue:

Tankman

Stallion is looking great!

What's the name of the 3M prodct you use?

I had a deck problem some years ago, found a nice set of gang reels to pull. Had fun playing with them. I did like my rear discharge and sweeper though. Nice clean mow job!

Sorry no deck. Hope you find one to be spring ready!

Terry M

Nice Tractor!! Cleans up nice too. That pull behind disc is a nice addition also. :handgestures-thumbupright: would like to find one for my collection some day.