Sign in to follow this  
Rosco234

Need help with Drivebelt routing

Rosco234

Hi everyone, I ran into a problem today that I'm hoping to get some help with. I was moving my new to me 314H from my garage out to my shed to get ready for the upcoming winter season. The machine has the snowblower attachment set up on it now and has rear wheel weights and rear chains on the tires. I was turning it tightly on pavement in order to back it into the shed. I heard a bit of a bang and the tractor stopped forward motion immediately although the engine was still running. I noticed that the PTO release lever had fallen a bit further down and it would no longer lock in place if I pulled it up. Upon further insepection, the drivebelt had come off the pulley that is attached the to the hydro transmission. Its the same pullet that has a fan attached to it. I don't know what could have caused this. I attempted to reinstall the belt but I am unsure of the proper routing. Is there any type of adjustment for the belt? I noticed that there is an idler pulley. Does that just ride on top of the belt? It looks as though the PTO lever simply raised up the Idler pulley off of the belt. Does anyone have some sort of belt diagram I can look at?

Thanks,

Greg

wallfish

When you pull up the lever, it releases the tension on the belt by raising the idler pulley.

post-658-0-06132500-1352586631_thumb.png

Rosco234

Thanks Wallfish. It looks simple enough. So if I have someone hold the Idler pulley up via the lever, I should be able to just slip the belt back onto the hydro pulley?

wallfish

Yes. You may need to spin the the pulleys to get it over the lip. Inspect the idler pulley since something caused the belt to come off.