Sign in to follow this  
1maidenfan

weight bracket / trailer hitch for drawbar 3pt.

1maidenfan

Had some spare time friday night , since we dont have any snow to move, :angry-tappingfoot: YET :handgestures-fingerscrossed: . Any way thought I would make up a weight bracket and a ball hitch for my 3 pt drawbar. :techie-eureka:

Took a flat piece of 1/4" plate steel, a piece of 1" round stock and a carriage bolt and started , first I drilled the round stack so I could thread the bolt in to it, next drilled hole in flat stock, then with a chaser nut on the bolt I put it all together(see pix) Once bolted together I welded it together for added strength, then cut the head of the carriage bolt off and chased the threads, that end will go through drawbar and be tightened from bottom side. (see pix) Primed it and now painting it.

Trailer ball hitch is just a flat pice of stock with 2 holes( one for ball and one to mount to drawbar) Primed and now painting also.

Just something to pass the time away.

The weight bracket will only hold 2 - 25# weightd but with the wheel weights that gets me up to 180# plus my weight, should be good.

post-4490-0-54516500-1352563935_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-91635700-1352563954_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-85399800-1352563966_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-30268200-1352563985_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-12494900-1352563999_thumb.jp

post-4490-0-89617500-1352564013_thumb.jp

KC9KAS

Very nice! :thumbs:

• Like 1

posifour11

Good stuff!

JackC

I have a similar set up but had to buy it rather than make it since I don't have the tools or the skills.

I have different inserts for different applications.

One has a bolt instead of the ball to put the weights on.

I did not see your sway chains. I found that turnbuckles really help stiffen things up.

kicked by a horse
post-8427-0-97442600-1353453799_thumb.jpNice looking fabrication on the mount. i just installed the 3 point hitch i recently picked up and was looking for something similar. Unfortunatly do not have the tools or skills to make my own so found this on ebay from a guy who makes them, for 70 bucks i was happy, very well built and does the job. i like having the reciver hitch so i can use the same hitch from my car, the only potential draw back is it moves the ball further away from the tractor itself, i like how yours keeps it closer in. Do you use wheel weights as well as the extra weight on the back? I assume you use the weight to offset your snowblower? if so is it really necessary? i have not got my blower finished and ready to mount yet, so am wondering if the wheel weights i have, 100 pounds total, will be enough or if i should get extra weight on the back as well.