Sign in to follow this  
JackC

Could not pass on this one

JackC

I did not need another horse but I could not pass on this one. Saw this on Craigslist, a 1995 416-8 with 42" rear discharge recycler deck. There were no pictures but when I saw the price I got on the phone and I was the first to get to the seller and I told him I will take it. The seller thought it had a Kohler engine and his reason for selling was he wanted something with a cup holder.

Here it is:

I could not post more pictures but the model number is 73420, serial number 5900554. There are only 319 hours on the clock

and other than a few nicks on the front wheels there is not a spot of rust on the tractor or the deck. The seat has a few rips and the treads on the foot rests are gone. The twin ONAN is clean and starts and runs perfect. It was only an hour away and I picked it up last night so it would not get into someone else's hands.

The price? $400.00

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

Oh my!! You did real good. it is clean.

smoreau

Good find!! thats a tough tractor you picked up!! got to snag them up at that price!

bowtiebutler956

$400? :jaw: Great price on a super clean :wh: ! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Jake Kuhn

wow! nice deal! :handgestures-thumbup:

JimmyJam

Nice find and an awesome tractor! Really a cup holder!!?????? Geez!

Road-Track

Very nice looking catch there :handgestures-thumbupright:

Save Old Iron

Guess last month was not a good time for me to institute my "no more room - no more tractors" policy. I had the phone in my hand for that one Jack.

I promised myself I would not call and kept my pledge.

Given that it was only 20 miles from me I should have at least checked it out huh ?

I had it pictured as an overpriced rust bucket with some blown out undersized deck attached to bump up the price. Guess I'll keep telling myself that to keep from crying.

Glad you got it.

• Like 1

baerpath

Guess last month was not a good time for me to institute my "no more room - no more tractors" policy. I had the phone in my hand for that one Jack. I promised myself I would not call and kept my pledge. Given that it was only 20 miles from me I should have at least checked it out huh ?

I had it pictured as an overpriced rust bucket with some blown out undersized deck attached to bump up the price. Guess I'll keep telling myself that to keep from crying.

Glad you got it.

I'm with ya Chuck. NO MORE until spring Ya right.

I'm glad ya got it also a

Tankman

Excellent Horse, GREAT price! Would have jumped on that one!

Coarse grip skateboard tape is cheap, works great on the foot rests. I use a large

paper cutter to make clean, straight cuts.

I'm with Save Old Iron, don't want to start cryin'.

Picking up a 416-8 later today, $50 more, not as nice but does come with two decks.

The 42" rear discharge and a 48" side discharge. And a flat tire. Will post pic's but,

bawlin' since seein' Jack's catch. Hope the Stallion has a cup holder! :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

krazy_horse

I've given a lot more for a lot less, good score. Nice tractor.

varosd

looks super !! :D

KC9KAS

I think you come out pretty good!

When my wife is looking at trading for a new car, she always checks out the cup holder 1st! Got to put that coffee cup somewhere!

JackC

When I saw a 1995 416-8 for $400, I jumped on it sight unseen just to get another running P216 ONAN engine for $400 no matter how many hours were on it and no matter what condition the tractor was in.

I was really surprised to find out that the tractor was in super condition and only had 319 hours on the clock.

I would post more picture to show how clean it is but apparently there is a limit on the allotted file size for a post.

Zeek

Wow you lucky dawgs sure got some nice deals!!

Just the other day, after a new set of tires arrived, my wife says "You're not going to buy anymore tractors, are you?" Why of course not . . .

At least I convinced her I'm not having an affair with the FedEx guy.

fireman

WOW!!! Your a horse thief!! Great deal!

• Like 1

Wheelhorse84

Wish I could find deals like that.

Wheel-N-It

Jack, you must be living right! That was probably the sweetest deal ever for a WheelHorse like that one. If I could find one like that with that few hours on it (especially for that kind of price), I would be the happiest RS member here!

855ownerJoel

U stole that one, great find.... I see a lot of overpriced tractors where I am from that are junk...