Sign in to follow this  
RickF

42" dozer/snow blade question

RickF

I have a 42" dozer/snow blade that came with my GT14. I am aware that it can take a 54" blade. Anyway, the previous owner(s) did not change the wear edge, and wore the blade down to the reinforcement tube at the bottom of the blade. All of the holes to add a new wear edge were ground away. I am going to have new steel welded back to the blade so I can have a replaceable wear edge put back on. I need to know how much the blade (that has the holes in it) should extend below the reinforcement tube at the rear of the blade. I don't want to go too far, or I'll use up the clearance I need under the front axle. or in other words, how wide is the total blade top to bottom? Thank you for you time and response. Rick

ThreeHorses

Top to bottom measures 15 1/2", wear bar extends down 1/2" of this 15 1/2", blade alone would be 15"

Same on me 42" and 54" GT14 blades

Tankman

That is a lot of wear! If I was in the shop, would make my own replaceable wear blade.

Use 1/4" or 3/8" steel but, would punch square holes for the new stainless steel carriage bolts. SS locking nuts too!

Along with a mower deck, years ago, made a 316 SS blade with the mounting frame too.

KC9KAS

Check this out.........