Sign in to follow this  
diesel cowboy

Looking for help to find a front axle seal for a Massey Ferguson 1045 compact tractor

diesel cowboy

Hello all, I had a customer at work bring in his Massey 1045 compact tractor with a leaking seal on the front axle steering knuckle. It was only produced for 2 years in the mid 80's and Massey has since discontinued the seal and o-ring and all the parts depots I deal with are out of stock of them. The part number for the seal is 3282157M2 and the o-ring is 3282157M2. I cant tell from the picture in the parts book if its a standard seal or if its like the one's on the rear axle that I had to change before and its a 2 piece mechanical? seal. I think thats what its called. Its like a ball bearing where it presses on to the shaft and into the hole and where the balls would be is where it seals and turns. If anyone has worked on one or knows whereI can find it any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Stewart

Tap53

Stewart, is this what your looking for, I found the part # at agcopartsbooks.com, I by parts for my TO35 from any dealer, just need to ask if they use agco parts books and they will get the part for you..some parts can be pricey..

Tim

diesel cowboy

Yep thats the one. And #38 is the o-ring. I went to the web site and it looks to me like it might be an oem type supplier? I'll have to check with on of my dealer friends that sells Massey and see if he's set up with them. As for the price I wouldnt be supprised if it was over $200. The last time it was available from Massey it was right around there and one of the warehouses I deal with had it priced at $100 my cost. But no stock. Thanks for the suggestion. Stewart