Sign in to follow this  
glgrumpy

Loader Plans in files?

glgrumpy

Found a loader plan in files. Didn't see any pictures of one done and on tractor. Is this FOR a wheelhorse then or more generic? Who is A & M Cad Designs? Has anyone made this loader and might have some pictures or any tips? I have a Charger or similar chassis to do something with, is this OK for that small of tractor? I also have a GT14, but not sure it looked like would fit with the bigger tins on it, as best as I can understand the plans. Would like to see pix of the mountings to a tractor, specially the front one, which I am having trouble picturing the fit in my head if for wheelhorse.

wallfish

It's just a generic plan that was free on the net so I posted it here to use as a guide. You can change the dementions to fit your needs.

A subframe for a wheel horse loader clamps to the rear axle and connects into the mid Tach A Matic where the deck usually hooks up. A cross member is attached to this which holds the loader uprights.

wallfish

Here's a parts diagram for the ark loader and you can see a pretty good view of the subframe --- #37.

Also a quick drawing I did to help someone else with their subframe

post-658-0-30535500-1352159092.jpg

post-658-0-14352100-1352159161_thumb.jpg

glgrumpy

OK, thanks! Those quick-hitches really take that kind of work? think I would want a little bigger than 2 x 2 on the frame, maybe 2 x 3 or 4 and thicker? Maybe that is overkill for small tractor?? I'm gonna look at shop for some stock and look at buiding that sub frame at least and start there. Will be a l-o-n-g time project and take my time. I don't have any real need to finish, just a neat project. Thanks again.

Alan_Heist

Take pics and keep us posted!! I'm really interested! Thanks!

SousaKerry

Direct link to files

wallfish

The hitch and the 2x2 has handled it so far and it's been worked.

welderman85

how do these differ from the PF engerneering plans i want to build a loader but dont know where to start.

wallfish

The PF eng plans are much more detailed. You will still need to adapt a subframe to your tractor. I used the PF plans for the hoe and was very pleased with them. It's well worth spending the money to get a proven design in my opinion. It just saves a bunch of time and takes out some of the guess work.

baerpath

OK, thanks! Those quick-hitches really take that kind of work? think I would want a little bigger than 2 x 2 on the frame, maybe 2 x 3 or 4 and thicker? Maybe that is overkill for small tractor?? I'm gonna look at shop for some stock and look at buiding that sub frame at least and start there. Will be a l-o-n-g time project and take my time. I don't have any real need to finish, just a neat project. Thanks again.

Thats more than enough, I;ve had a couple Ark loaders one on a C, a D250 and a 720 Allis Chalmers. Also have had a Quickway on a 520. Never had any trouble with the subframes on any of them. The D250 and the Allis 720 are real brutes when it came to what they can push and lift. A GT14 would be a great machine for a loader, height and weight really help.

Duane