Sign in to follow this  
pumper.atv

sleeve hitch questions

pumper.atv

i built my own sleeve hitches but i need dimentions for the piece that goes between the hitch and implement (#11)ClevisHitch.gif

Thanks

Lars

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php/topic/1782-clevis-lift-question/page__p__17874__hl__%20clevis%20%20hitch__fromsearch__1#entry17874

u might find what u asking for here

SousaKerry

I have never used that piece with mine and I can't claim I ever really saw one. For the most part it's like an appendix, nobody knows what it does so if it is a problem just rip it off.

CasualObserver

It's the sway plate (or stablilzer plate, or sway limiter). I have a red one in the parts box in the shed and a white one in the garage on my brinly slot hitch adapter. You don't need it for all attachments, only some of them. Some attachments you want to have a little wiggle room, and others you want to hold rigid. That's the purpose.

wheelhorseloot026.jpg

I'll try to remember to measure it, but it's pretty straight forward. It's about 1/8" sheet steel, long enough to cover both bolts and folded at 90 degrees. It has a hole big enough to fit over the hitch pin tube no matter what angle you have the sway set. You could just as easy make one out of a little piece of angle iron... like this one.

187393.jpg