Sign in to follow this  
tractorman90

Need help identifying this Wheelhorse

tractorman90

I picked up this wheelhorse recently and I don't know what model it is, and the rear end is different from the rest of the tractors I have. It has round axles instead of square axles. Why is the rear like this?

Model number 101506

Serial number 762544

post-8195-0-20302400-1352068691_thumb.pn

• Excellent 1

Kelly

That is a 1971 800 special with a Kohler in it instead of the briggs it came with the trans is a Peerless 3 speed not a real heavy duty machine.

tractorman90

Is it a OK one to have, and is it kind of rare i ant never seen one like it.

whfan74

Not the strongest tranny compared to the normal cast iron one's that you are accustomed to. Not a horrible tractor but like Kelly said, it isn't a real heavy duty machine. I have one in my shop right now.

From what I have heard, and I don't have all of the facts, but back in 1971 there was a strike which left them without supplies from certain sources which led them to this machine. Again my facts may be a little goofed up but that is the way this one came about.

tractorman90

I got it to run today. I figured since it came with a decent mowing deck I'll fix it up just use to mow around with for now. I didn't know they even put a Briggs from the factory, i guess it some what cheaper model they tryed. I do like the kohler better thats been put on their.

WheelHorse_Kid

I have one of these

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1