Sign in to follow this  
gottahavvitt

fender removal WH 953

gottahavvitt

I just bought a Wheelhorse 953 with a plow that runs good but has no 2nd or 3rd gear and the gas tank leaks so I need to get the fenders and seat off but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. It almost looks like everything is welded to the frame.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://members.aol.com/havvitt/tractor

TT

B)

You're right about the "body" being welded to the frame. As discussed in a recent thread, you'll have to unbolt the transaxle from the tractor and drop it out from the bottom. Once the transaxle is removed, the gas tank will also drop down out of its location.

Teddy da Bear

You guys are making us cry!!!! :,(

Brrly1

Easy now Teddy, I hate too see a grown man cry or even snibble. It will be OK!!!

B):whistle: B)

Teddy da Bear

Everyone just loves to rub it in that we have some kind of wheel horse unibody.....snifffff.

All I know is when I look at my 1054 I nearly fall over trying to compensate my posture for it's leaning.

I guess I will just have to let the air out of one side tires....so I don't get dizzy...

Brrly1

GOOD ANSWER :horseplay:

gottahavvitt

Great news. I thought I was going crazy. B) I have posted on a few other boards but got no response.

You guys are the best and am looking forward to some day being able to answer someone else's questions. I am a very fast learner with lots of experience dealing with "OLD" machines.

I am also into Harleys and antique outboards with fairly extensive knowledge on both subjects.

Thanks for the help

Joe

Brrly1

Gottahavvit, I am kind of curious as to where you are from. I have a friend who is also into Wheel Horse's but has an extensive collection of outboard motors. From what I understand he has over 300 motors. He doesn't play on the computer much just kind of learning about it. Burly

gottahavvitt

I am located in Western Mass.in the foothills of the majestic Berkshire mountains.

Just made my last mortgage payment so now I can really expand my hobbies.

I have been selling off a lot of my Outboards

but still have about 50 left ranging in age from a 1916 ROWBOAT MOTOR to a 1970 evinrude.

My Harleys take up most of my time now but I plan on going tractor hunting to pick up mre tractors. After all I am in the heart of farm country.

Brrly1

Well I hope you have a good time Horse Hunting as I have met alot of Good people doing what we all love and that's just plain Horsin' around. Good luck

Burly :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

HorseFixer

Gattahavvit 10-4 on the payin off the mortgage B) Havent had one in 5 years and that helps a whole bunch! You wont nneed to find water to enjoy these things! :whistle: I have a 953 also and love mine!

Duke

linen beige

Everyone just loves to rub it in that we have some kind of wheel horse unibody.....snifffff.

All I know is when I look at my 1054 I nearly fall over trying to compensate my posture for it's leaning.

I guess I will just have to let the air out of one side tires....so I don't get dizzy...

Is it by chance parked on a hill? And did you put the other headlight in for balance?

And Gottahavvit B) I love my 1054a, "unibody" or not.

Teddy da Bear

To da Moon Alice! Da MOON! B)

gottahavvitt

Is it by chance parked on a hill? And did you put the other headlight in for balance?

And Gottahavvit :whistle: I love my 1054a, "unibody" or not.

I belong to as lot of different forums and this looks to be one of the best so far.

Thanks for all the welcomes. B)

T-Mo

Joe,

I don't have anything to add, but I did wanted to B)

Teddy da Bear

If I didn't welcome you earlier...

I B) now... :whistle:

Duff

Hi, Joe, and :whistle: !

I may PM you about outboards - my Dad left some with us when he passed away and my Mom and I don't know much about them, except they shouldn't just sit and collect dust.

Again, B) ! We have a lot of fun around here!

Just up the road from you in NH......

Duff B)