Sign in to follow this  
dtallon

Plowing with the 854

dtallon

I took my Wheel Horse over to Roanoke, IL to a plow day on Saturday. The old 854 looked downright puny compared to all the big Deere's and Cub's. Since it was wet, I stuck with the PP-8 and left the 10" Brinly in the truck. It did a fine job, just not real fast. It probably could have handled the 10", but I was holding up the tractor behind me as it was. Shoot, some of those guys were going faster with a plow in the ground than I could go with just the tractor!

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

Although they said there was around 60 guys registered to plow, there was only one other 'horse there, a real nice looking "SL-121". It was good to see such a pretty tractor actually doing some work and getting dirty.

IMG_4128.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

• Like 1

Sparky

Nice pics...thanks for sharing.

I've never heard of a Wheel Horse SL-121 before.

Mike..........

CasualObserver

That SL-121 had a nice write up LAGC magazine or the VGTCOA newsletter a while back if I remember right. I don't remember the exact story, but he named it SL to honor someone called Screwy Louie, and it's a C-121 tractor. He's from somewhere around you there in Peoria, and I know he gets out to some shows once in a while. My brother-in-law told me he met him up at Franklin Grove a few years ago.

They do put on a nice plow day there at Roanoke, but like you say... mostly Cub and Deere stuff. The Bluniers are IH folks. I used to live in Goodfield, just a few miles south of there.

squonk

I would love to go to a plow day but I've had enough of the Deere and IH club's attitude around here toward other brands at shows. Heaven help you if you slowed one of them down at a plow day. I've seen some videos. It almost looks like a drag race at times. Maybe I could "Run them over" with my Power King :thumbs:

Ken B

When I was into the Cub Cadets I met and became pretty good friends with the local Cub boys. I still see a few of them at the shows. In fact, they were asking me to switch sides back to them at the last Zagray Farms show. I was walking by their display from a distance and I over heard them talking about Wheel Horse's. I heard one guy say, man, I really don't like them Wheel Horse's but that little Suburban with the dual pipes, and the fat tires is wicked cool, they all agreed. Hey, I'll take that compliment! For many years I was a member on their forums. Like here, there are plenty of nice guys over there.

003-2.jpg

• Like 1