Sign in to follow this  
cjshippy

Can you help me identify my 1st WH?

cjshippy

After a lot of searching I have finally found and bought my very first Wheel Horse.

I really wanted one this shape and style, but they are hard to come by over in Ireland, so when I saw this one I jumped on it.

I know it needs a lot of work, but I wanted a project.

The only problem is, I don't really know which one it is, and I need to be sure I am getting the right parts if I need any parts.

So any help, tips, advice or suggestions relating to my new WH would be greatly appreciated.

Couple more photos to try and help!

Last one!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

post-8754-0-63997800-1351165311_thumb.jp

post-8754-0-26130600-1351165322_thumb.jp

post-8754-0-38593800-1351165391_thumb.jp

post-8754-0-73572800-1351165399_thumb.jp

post-8754-0-88360800-1351165442_thumb.jp

• Like 1

rmaynard

:WRS: Glad to have you aboard. It looks like what you have is a mid to late 1960's Lawn Ranger. I'm sure that one of our Ranger owners will give you a more precise answer later.

jimt1971

It is a 1968 Lawn Ranger. You can tell that by the long decals on the hood and the three spoke steering wheel. Hope the helps.

Jim

krazy_horse

Very nice old Lawn Ranger, I know you will enjoy getting it going! Regards, Jim ..krazy_horse

CasualObserver

It is a 1968 Lawn Ranger. You can tell that by the long decals on the hood and the three spoke steering wheel. Hope the helps.

Jim

I would agree. You can also look here on your tractor. It looks like the model tag can be seen under the edge of the hood where I've circled. If it's a 68, your model number will be 1-1631 or 1-2631.

rangertag.jpg

If for some reason your number is an L-1xx number then it's a 65/66/67 based on the last digit. I'm betting you'll find 1-1631 though.

neil

welcome to Redsquare from Somerset UK

Nice Lawn Ranger you have just bought , you are in the right place for information and getting parts

Good luck with your project & most of all have fun doing it

Neil

May i just offer one bit of advise on the very first thing i would do to that tractor is

Get Rid Of Th e Seat

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: :text-goodpost:

:text-coolphotos::WRS: :)

DoctorHfuhruhurr

welcome to Redsquare from Somerset UK

Nice Lawn Ranger you have just bought , you are in the right place for information and getting parts

Good luck with your project & most of all have fun doing it

Neil

May i just offer one bit of advise on the very first thing i would do to that tractor is

Get Rid Of Th e Seat

I kinda like it. It looks a little goofy but I bet it's really comfortable.

cjshippy

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

I have located to model type and as suggested it it a 1-1631 serial number 111594

The seat is very comfortable, but I would like something a little more authentic.

Now I have to work out were to start with the restoration. I have never done a restoration before.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

KC9KAS

:WRS: Ireland huh....I live in Holland.....INDIANA!

We have an IRELAND about 10 miles north of us...small community, maybe 300-400 residents.

Rooster

Step #1 to any restoration is research. Read all about it!

Welcome to the Square and the hobby!

Jake Kuhn

:WRS:

gwest_ca

Serial 111594 looks like it came from the Belgium plant.

Garry

KATO

:text-welcomewave: Nice project tractor... enjoy

wheelhorse656

I have a parts ranger Im parting out its in the for sale section It has a bunch of parts... Also have an original seat pan needs a new cover but it is original! I know a guy who can get you a seat cover for it too! if your Intereasted my number is in the fordale section in my listing also you can P.M. me good luck on your restoration!!!!

Racinbob

Ireland!? I sold my heard when we moved here to Florida. After traveling around a couple years in our motorhome we finally bought a house and I wanted a Wheelhorse. Most people down here looked at me like I was from outer space when I mentioned Wheelhorses. I finally found one. I thought I'd have to back north to get one. Very noce fine there. A great start to your resto job. Enjoy and good luck with your fun project.