Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

Do your neighbors think you weird?

Brrly1

Ok then, I have to believe that my neighbors have to believe that I have kinda of lost a couple screws for having so many different tractors, and yes all of them are Wheel Horses. But you know I never ever hear them complain when I am out early morning clearing all of the snow off of there sidewalk, not a one. I know the little guy across the streeet loves it when I go out to the garage and get the tractors out because he just sets across the street and talks to me about them. I know he really likes them alot. I get them out pull the carts around move dirt, gravel, leaves and pull the aeretor or roller thru the yard,or even just take a cruise thru the neighborhood. They all stop and talk to me, ask me how am I doing and of course we start talking Wheel Horse. I always hear this Thanks for doing my snow and they will ask do I ever owe you anything, I say No that I enjoy doing it. Many moons ago. That I used to do this when I was a kid, This is getting kind of long so I better hush and let someone else speak. Ten in the garage a a few out in the storage area something around the twenty tractors. I just wished the garage was bigger. See ya Bye Burly

B) :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Docwheelhorse

Well Sparky is my neighbor and yes he must of thought I was weird ---UNTIL--- he saw me on my C125 and I let him try it.... next thing I know his MTD is headed to the dumpo and I help him get his first horse a GT2500 with a transplanted Kohler 10 Gen Start... Now he has almost ten I think and I have about thirty.... I can only assume the rest of the neighborhood thinks where crazy but there is power in numbers!!! We have each others back!!

Tony :banana:

BPjunk

I can only assume the rest of the neighborhood thinks where crazy but there is power in numbers!!! We have each others back!!

Tony :banana:

Tony,

I really liked that quote! B)B):banghead:

You and Sparky are good folks in my book.

And by the way the Commando 6 has gotten use to her new suroundings and gets along well with my other Wheel Horses! B) It does a fine job of cutting the grass too! :whistle: I put a new head gasket, a correct carburetor and a set of points .... starts right up now. B)

LONG LIVE TECUMSEH!

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

HorseFixer

Well my neighbors have been pretty good so far. They just dont say much B) I keep my place looking pretty fair and all the horses are inside so I suppose that helps :whistle: I give the youngins rides in the carts so I suppose that helps! But ya never really know what their thinkin! B) But who cares B)

Duke

BairleaFarm

I get people asking if mine are for sale all the time and how long I have been fixing them up? I park them on an angle in my front yard when I need the shop. Even though there are only three it looks like a car lot.

traktorkidd7/30/93

Mine think im nuts... But my parents say at least im not out doing drugs and im staying out of trobule B)

• Like 1

nylyon

Mine think im nuts... But my parents say at least im not out doing drugs and im staying out of trobule B)

Chris, I'll speak on behalf of everyone here, thanks! Good to see the younger group doing something wholesome.

linen beige

Chris, I'll speak on behalf of everyone here, thanks! Good to see the younger group doing something wholesome.

B):whistle:

I couldn't agree more coach! Great to see the "virus" spreading to a new generation.

Do my neighbors think I'm nuts? Most were probably already convinced before the tractors started following me home. But Ive noticed they all come outside grinning when we do get one of our rare snowfalls and I fire up the 702 with the blade.

HorseFixer

A big 10-dash 4 on that one! B)

Duke

plowmaster

i dont have neighbors

64s

Lucky B@st@rd!!!!!!!!!!!! No neighbors!!!!!!!!!! I'm just kidding - my neighbors are alright but they all talk. I know this because their kids will slip up every once and a while and mention something.

But who do they come to when the stump needs to be removed, the boulder has go, dirt and rocks hauled?

Don't worry about the neighbors - do what you do- just love them for who they are - they won't stop talking!!!!

B)

Docwheelhorse

Thanks Bill and I'm glad the Commando with its TECUMSEH is running.... bit I still don't know how you do it!! B) A Tecumseh that runs!! :whistle: I think the Tecumseh gods know who is and isn't in there corner.... B) As for me--give me a Commando 8 or give me death!! :horseplay:

glenn27

I have to agree-let 'em talk!

But always funny how when someone needs a tool or advise, or 'give me a hand' or free air--they show up!! B)

Just the other evening--my neighbor across the road (he's a Glenn, too) B) ....comes strollin' up the driveway--two wrenches in one hand, two cold brewski's in the other....."can you give me a hand on my bike?" Sure! Got my attention.....Well, 30 minutes later we had added his fender extensions/saddlebag supports--and run the wires back for the turn signals.

Boy--it was HOT that night... B)

But my best oersonal time is when my grandson, Dylan is over--and he heads right out to the garage--"Ride on Ra-Ra's tractors?" first words...

So around the block we go (Maybe several times) :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

I have some good neighbors and some very bad neighbors.

I tried years ago to get one of the good neighbors to go down and buy a wheel horse I told him about. I even offered to drive him (gas must have been cheap then). He never took me up on it. That is when I bought my B-100 and they also had a hydro with a deck and blower.

This neighbor's tractor was forever breaking down. But I don't blame it! I am not kidding you....this guy and wife would mow the yard 4 times a week! My neighbor and friend and I would just scratch our heads and wonder why he had such fast growing grass?

Then we would hear the poor thing squealing. We thought maybe a bearing going out. We did not wonder why. Then the father's or father in law's tractor would be over there as a replacement when his was being fixed.

He does not want to really recognize my tractors because he passed up a great opportunity years ago when I offered to take him to get a wheel horse. He has spent so much money in repairs and now has one of those disposable cheap John Deeres from Lowe's. At the price of gas he is only mowing twice a week now so maybe it will last him a bit longer.

This other neighbor and friend is getting more and more interested in my tractors. He likely wonders why I have so many, but I think secretly he wishes he could have some too. His wife is probably stopping him. B)

Most of the neighbors think I am odd, but that was long before the wheel horses. I think mostly because I am a law abiding citizen and they tend not to be. So naturally they are suspicous of me. :whistle:

Jim_M

I live at the end of a dead end road and really only have 3 neighbors that know anything at all about my tractor addiction.

There's the 80 something widow next door, and she thinks it's great that I always have the tool to do whatever job she needs done. She always tries to pay me, but I never take anything so every now and then she bakes me a pecan pie because she knows it's my favorite.

Then there's my nieghbor across the road that's become one of my best friends, evry time he sees me pull in with something new he comes right over. He just smiles and says, " you always have the best toys".

Then there's the guy that lives behind me, he has 3 circle track cars in the "super late model class" and bought my old enclosed trailer, he understands completely and I think he secretly wishes his hobby was as affordable as mine.

KyBlue

My Neighbors all shake their heads... Takes me longer to cut with the WH than with a push mower! But what the heck.. I didnt buy it to cut grass- I bought it to run that tiller - but you better beleive when they need something fixed...they come knockin on my door!

WH_Hobie

My Neighbor thinks i'm alright i always help him and it usually involves one of my horses but the rest of them down the road think i'm about half goofy because i hauled an atv home in a garden cart hooked to my commando 7, 2 mile round trip B)

• Like 1

WheelHorse_of_course

Well....B)

I like being eccentric, I have all my life (I guess this was true even as a fetus - I decided the time was right week early and was born at home!)

I had no ramps to get the Charger out of the minivan and my neighbor helped me get it out. From then on I mowed his front yard and plowed snow for him.

Sadly Walt has been forclosed by the bank so I have no neighbor on that side now. The bank/investor is keeping the mowed lawn now. It might be vacant for a long time.

I need to call Walter. I saw his son and he said Walt is out of work again. If he can fix my TV all pay him for that!

:whistle:

KyBlue

Sadly Walt has been forclosed by the bank so I have no neighbor on that side now. The bank/investor is keeping the mowed lawn now. It might be vacant for a long time.

I need to call Walter. I saw his son and he said Walt is out of work again. If he can fix my TV all pay him for that!

B)

I am afraid that, that will be happening more and more and more as the economy continues its downwards spiral ... We might all be out cutting grass trying to make the bills!

BPjunk

One time the little old lady who lives next door to me was standing by my back yard when another little old lady from the neighborhood came walking by. The woman walking by ask my neighbor "What do you think of all that?" and saying this with a look of disgust on her face pointing to all the Wheel Horses and parts laying in my back yard. My neighbor said "Don't do any thing to upset him because he is the most valuable person in this neighborhood, any time some thing goes wrong he is the first person to help and if he needs to use his tractors to help he will." ..... always remember emergancy help is only a phone call away but help from a neighbor is right next door. B)

Wild Bill in Richmnd, Va.

Curmudgeon

Like a couple of the above, I was weird before the tractors starting showing up. But then, most all of my neighbors, especially towards the end, were real dipsticks that couldn't reach Earl, even if Earl was normal.

Now I have different neighbors who know nothing of my tractor habit. Been then, with the pulled shades and thumping walls, I don't think they'd realize we were there if we had a tractor pull in the parking lot.

Brrly1

ABSOLUTELY!!! Well spoken Bill, This is so very TRUE!!! Alot of people drive by but they also know that if they ever need anything, they know where to go and who to ask. I have to know they would miss me if I ever moved or sold all the horses Burly B) :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Duff

My Neighbor thinks i'm alright i always help him and it usually involves one of my horses but the rest of them down the road think i'm about half goofy because i hauled an atv home in a garden cart hooked to my commando 7, 2 mile round trip B)

Uhhhh...what is so weird about that? B) Just a Horse earnin' it's keep is all I see! :whistle:

My neighbors are, for the most part, too snotty to think about something as common-folkish as a tractor. B) Oh well - sucks being them!

Duff B)

Robbie C.

im not sure what they think but my neighbor seems to have forgot how to put a belt on his lowes and always asking if he can use one of the horses B)

CHARGER9AUTO

My Neighbors all shake their heads... Takes me longer to cut with the WH than with a push mower! But what the heck.. I didnt buy it to cut grass- I bought it to run that tiller - but you better beleive when they need something fixed...they come knockin on my door!

Scott, I used to mow the lawn with my L-107 LAWN RANGER with 32" RD Gear Driven deck. until we reseed the yard with Grass Seed and put Hay or Straw over the top to make it Grow water it everyday . my Dad cuts it now with our

LAWN - BOY rear bagger instead of my tractors B) Ben