Sign in to follow this  
krazy_horse

Suburban picture of dash

krazy_horse

I have a 1960/550 suburban with a pull start and also an electric starter. The engine was was changed at some point by a PO. to a H-60/electric start I would like to get the electric starter to function and I have the correct ignition switch and wiring diagram but would like to see a picture of a dash so to locate the exact place to drill to mount the switch. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Jim

wallfish

If it was originally a 550 then the hole should be there--- to the right of the steering shaft. I think some of the later 400s also had a hole but it was plugged. Wish I had a 550 to take a pic of for ya.

krazy_horse

If it was originally a 550 then the hole should be there--- to the right of the steering shaft. I think some of the later 400s also had a hole but it was plugged. Wish I had a 550 to take a pic of for ya. Thanks wallfish, I went and looked this morning. The PO installed a switch to the right and above the steering shaft. Upon closer inspection it looks to be a vintage push/pull switch to use as an off/on. I think as you said this is where the original switch was installed. Thanks for the information. Jim

Hammerhead

Here's some pics of my 550. I bought it from the original owner, an old timer. 100_8714.jpg100_8685.jpg100_8712.jpg

krazy_horse

A very nice old tractorl Hammerhead, thanks for the pictures!!

CasualObserver

Here's my 400 with the factory plug in the hole you're talking about.

suburban400dash.jpg

Tankman

Great picture Jarhead! USMC '64-'68, Camp Lejeune. We only had push mowers around the barracks :laughing-rofl: .