Sign in to follow this  
bowtiebutler956

What kind of toys do you have in your house?

bowtiebutler956

Like the rest of you guys, most of my toys, projects, and restorations are way to big to be brought into the house, and unfortunately for me, my shop is a couple miles away from my house. :banghead: All I have at my house is a carport, so although I may bring some of my toys home occasionally, I don't keep them here very long because they're not well protected. :dunno: I recentley started restoring antique Briggs engines, and have really enjoyed doing it. Then it hit me, these are small enough to bring in the house, so I imediately informed my wife I was going to put my engines on display in the house. Her initial reaction was :jaw: followed by :ranting: , but once she calmed down, she finally agreed that I had at least some say in how the house was decorated, even if it was a very small say. :ychain: So here is the vue right next to the computer desk, as she would not let me put them in the living room! :ROTF: So my question is, what kind of toys do you have in your house?

By the way, my wife says they are stinking up the house, even though I did drain all the gas out of them. I personally like the smell, smells like my shop! :ROTF:

Matt

post-6076-0-25320900-1350508341_thumb.jp

post-6076-0-09156000-1350508361_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Jake Kuhn

Thats very cool Matt! I don't really have anything in the house, just the shop. I do however have some model tractors in my bedroom. There green so I'll keep them to myself. :hide::) ~Jake

• Like 1

1maidenfan

post-4490-0-05786700-1350512697_thumb.jp

Couple of my "inside" toys :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I DO NOT HAVE ANY TRACTORS IN THE HOUSE, BUT I HAVE LOTS OF HAM RADIO STUFF IN THE HOUSE. NO BOATING STUFF IS IN THE HOUSE.

• Like 1

squonk

I have my Nylint Horse semi, a bunch of Tonkas I had as a kid and about 25 Bongo monkeys.

post-2380-0-69813200-1350514094_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Kelly

My toys or the wifes toys :hide:

• Like 3

evanloock

Lighted sign.

post-641-0-60858000-1350514794_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

bowtiebutler956

Thats very cool Matt! I don't really have anything in the house, just the shop. I do however have some model tractors in my bedroom. There green so I'll keep them to myself. :hide::) ~Jake

If my shop was here at the house, I wouldn't have any toys in the house either. Thanks for keeping the Green to yourself! :ychain:

My toys or the wifes toys :hide:

:ROTF: :ROTF: I understand!

I really love the :wh: semi truck toys! Very Cool! :thumbs:

The :wh: Suburban sign is super cool as well! :text-datsphatyo:

Matt

1maidenfan

That SUBURBAN tractor light is ... :wicked::text-goodpost: :woohoo:

6wheeler

I have 1/64th scale farm equipment. 1/25th scale semi trucks. 1/25th scale motorcycles, and several 1/25th scale plastic model semi tractors(I used to be in alot of plastic model competitions so they are all customized). All of which are packed away until the Pat Cave is done in the basement. At which time all app. 250 items will be displayed. If I were to try to bring some sort of gasoline powered thing in the house? The "boss" would help me and my "treasures" as she calls them, out the door on a one way trip flying on right foot airlines. If you get my drift.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Lighted sign.
That light spins too. Show them the other side Eric! I know where one of those is less than 20 miles from me but the guy won't sell it for anything.

Sent from my Galaxy S iii with Tapatalk 2

evanloock

I have the rotating motor disconnected. Needs to be rebuilt.

post-641-0-08633800-1350524153_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

roscoemi

1maidenfan, my 8 year old son would wrastle a pen full of greased pigs to have one of those big rigs! :laughing-rofl: I'll trade you a teen boy for one. :ychain:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

I have the rotating motor disconnected. Needs to be rebuilt.

That has to be the coolest sign I have ever seen!!! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

whfan74

That is definitely a cool piece of history Eric. What a great item to have on display.......thanks for sharing it with us!

c161rat
IMG_0256.jpg
  • Like 6

c161rat

IMG_0256.jpg

Winter bike storage!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

SousaKerry

I have several railroad related signs on display and a railroad oil can. Also have a couple of old electrical meters I bought at a junk auction where I used to work. In a closet I store all my old HO model trains and accessories. I have half a bookshelf of full of 3 ring binders containing wheel horse manuals and literature. Of which I can never find the one I am looking for. :banghead:

• Like 1

JUSS10

I love music, probably more than i love spending time in the barn wrenching. This is only a small number of the guitars and audio gear i have. I love vintage anything (not to mention as we all know on this forum, things aren't made like they used to be) so i collect/repair vintage audio gear from the 50s, 60s and 70s. I am also a believer in the superiority of analog audio, vinyl being the best. most new music i buy on vinyl and have a collection of albums totally somewhere between 200 and 300 LPs. the last picture is of my basement shop and the pieces that are on deck for repair or use

794F24AF-AADD-43CB-8090-69AA8C7DBB36-10352-0000063C1D904FEA.jpg

B7F2AE26-2A5A-4F99-9A8A-A038D43F639A-10352-0000063C4A07B1FA.jpg

• Like 6

JimD

IMG_0256.jpg

The dog looks pissed. :ROTF:

• Like 3

squonk

IMG_0256.jpg

The dog is thinking, "That's odd! They got pissed when I left a spot on the carpet!"
  • Like 3

c161rat

IMG_0256.jpg

The dog is thinking, "That's odd! They got pissed when I left a spot on the carpet!"

it has since been banished to the garage to leak oil all it wants.......LOL...but I should have taken a picture of Cheryl's face when she walked in the house and saw the bike in the living room!!!!!! Much funnier!!!!!!
  • Like 2

smoreau

IMG_0256.jpg

it has since been banished to the garage to leak oil all it wants.......LOL...but I should have taken a picture of Cheryl's face when she walked in the house and saw the bike in the living room!!!!!! Much funnier!!!!!!

Just be glad that she decided to let you stay instead of the bike, :ychain:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Looks like they can't even stand to look at each other.

I think that bike is smiling? :)

• Like 2

squonk

Looks like they can't even stand to look at each other.

I think that bike is smiling? :)

The dog's waiting for his chance to raise his leg on the chrome! :laughing-rolling:
  • Like 1