Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

Cleveland Ohio RTA Driver Uppercuts Female Passenger Opinions

CRE1992

I was curious as to what other peoples opinions are about this. I have talked about it amongst my friends, and in my college criminal justice classes.

http://solon.patch.c...comment_5093717

Not that I condone hitting a woman, I am 20 and I was brought up with the thought that kitting a woman is wrong. I believe hitting a woman is wrong but, thing such mitigating factors created a loop hole. I think he had every right to hit her. If your going to act like a man, be prepared to be dealt with like a man. It's easier for someone to tell him what he could of done differently. But the fact of the matter is you were not there, If any woman got in my face spit on me, punched me, and choked me, best believe I would get up and hit her back. We're in a day and age when men and women should be considered equal. The reason it seems like a disgrace to hit a woman comes from past views and stereotypes of women being weaker and inferior gender. So if you want to be treated as an equal, you can be, you just cant pick and choose when you want to be treated equally. Also the passengers of that stood back, cheered her on, took the video and then say you can't hit a woman like that. That is not a woman that is a low life person who tries to scam the system for a ride. I am 99% sure that is not the first time she tried to do that. The passengers should have been smarter and tried to get her away. She deserved everything she got. As for the driver he should be allowed to go to work again. He has been doing this for 22 years, I am also sure that this is not the first time he has gotten provoked by a passenger.

You can think I am wrong for thinking this way, I am just curious what others think.

Also if Mods or Admins decide that this thread is getting out of hand feel free to stop or delete it. We have had a debate about this in my criminal justice classes. I just wanted others input.

stevasaurus

A good, tough topic Charles. I can say that I have never hit a woman, but there have been a few times when that thought has entered my mind. To say that there are people out there that know how to work the system is undeniable...I have met a few and they always rub me the wrong way. One of my favorite quotes is from John Wayne in one of his early westerns...might have been "Stagecoach". The stagecoach was in town loading up the people, Gabby Hayes was the driver and this frilly woman was being a pain getting on the stage. Somebody asked John Wayne about feeling sorry for her having to travel like that and he said.

"I never feel sorry about anything that ever happens to a woman". Gabby Hayes just smiled and told Wayne that he could ride up there with him. :) :) :)

Jim_M

She deserved to be thrown off the bus. Punching her was probably uncalled for though.

SousaKerry

Without knowing the whole story behind it it is difficult to judge but, whatever she did she sure looked like she deserved it. That being said I was raised never to hit a woman and I never will, but as Chris Rock said "I don't agree, but I can understand."

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Interesting video. I missed that one. It's hard to see what she did to him early on in the video but if she hit, spit, etc. the bus driver then he's within his rights to protect himself and including remove her from the bus. It's probably not something I would have done but then again I didn't have to deal with that nonsense for 22 years either. She may be female but she's certainly not a lady.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

This is a longer video and it does appear she hit him first and that's why he stopped. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiwMvqrBgws

A lot of people were videoing it so there's probably a few more angles.

rmaynard

You don't have to watch much to see what's wrong with the world today. :disgust: The driver should have called the cops and put her off at the first available stop.

Ken B

I personally think the driver should have stopped the bus much sooner and made her get off. As a professional driver the most important thing is the safety of his passengers. He would have been completely in the right to have thrown her off much earlier, before it escalated into what it did. I'm all for defending yourself against a woman if you feel your life is in danger, I'm not completely positive that his was.

CRE1992

He Tir

You don't have to watch much to see what's wrong with the world today. :disgust: The driver should have called the cops and put her off at the first available stop.

I personally think the driver should have stopped the bus much sooner and made her get off. As a professional driver the most important thing is the safety of his passengers. He would have been completely in the right to have thrown her off much earlier, before it escalated into what it did. I'm all for defending yourself against a woman if you feel your life is in danger, I'm not completely positive that his was.

He tried to call the cops, she slapped the phone out of his hands, spit on him, punched him, and choked him.

rmaynard

In that case...you pull out the .38

• Like 1

Ken B

I only watched the video once, might have to watch it a few times to catch all of the details.

Trouty56

Boy he really gave her a good one....personally, I give the guy the "I got gonads award" to do that in front of every body while being recorded. It wasn't like she was a feeble helpless woman... I don't think I would have cut the mustard in this situation. He sure did....

hm12460

Calling that individual a "woman" is being very generous. A sad commentary on how things are today in our country.

wallfish

HOLY $&!T "Down goes Frazier"

That guy was obviously pushed to his limit and blew his stack. She definitely needed to be dealt with but that was a little drastic.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:scared-eek: Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee...man's gotta know his limitations.

Keep messin' with Sasquatch and see what happens...jacklink! :popcorn:

JimD

HOLY $&!T "Down goes Frazier"

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: