Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

The camper

Jim_M

Here it is.

Picture238.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Picture240.jpg

Besides having all the comforts of home in a manueverable package, what really made up our mind on this one is that it's made to be used off the truck as well as on.

When you get where you're going you push a button to lift it up, drive out from under it, then push abutton to drop it. You still have your vehicle to drive and it takes about 15 minutes to take it off, and about 20 minutes to put it on.

Everything runs off AC, DC or propane and there's a big solar panel on the roof to help keep the battery charged. It also has an Onan Generator that runs off L.P. so you're never without power.

Now if only I could afford diesel fuel. B)

Nick

Thats a nice looking camper top. B) Nice option that you can drive out from under it fast and have use of both the truck and camper. That is a big unit how is the weight?

Jim_M

It weighs about 3000 pounds. The truck has the heavy duty package and I have Firestone air bags on the back and it handles it very well.

We took about a 2000 mile round trip last June and I averaged 12.5 mpg. Going through the Ozarks in Arkansas and Missouri with the A/C on brought it down, it was 14.5 until I hit the hills.