Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

wheel horse spike aerator

rydogg

I recently picked up this spike aerator and can't find much information on the forum, what year was this made? Aslo is the tongue correct and what was the reason for this setup?

wheelhorse299.jpg

wheelhorse298.jpg

wheelhorse300.jpg

1maidenfan

No idea about the aerator but it sure is cool. :happy-jumpeveryone: Sure would like to have one at my house. :techie-eureka:

CasualObserver

Likely your aerator is from late 60s to early 70s. Model number would be 7-2411 or 7-2412. Yes the hitch is right, and its made like that so it could mount in the slot hitch and still pivot when you turn while driving.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk 2

KC9KAS

"Yes the hitch is right, and its made like that so it could mount in the hitch and still pivot when you turn while driving."

That was my thought when I saw the picture. I figured someone fab it, but you think it is factory set-up?

markjs

"Yes the hitch is right, and its made like that so it could mount in the hitch and still pivot when you turn while driving."

That was my thought when I saw the picture. I figured someone fab it, but you think it is factory set-up?

I don't know- I'm just shooting from the hip here but I imagine it's factory. I don't believe you'd be able to turn with the tongue mounted straight into the slot hitch as the spikes in t he ground would prevent the implement from swinging around as it needs to do unless it has a pivot. Just my :twocents-twocents:.

Terry M

Ryan, nice find you have there. I was actually thinking of buying one of those at sears someday so I could use one of my WH tractors for something besides riding around the yard :) . Also, that swivel hitch resembles an adaptor I just fabbed up so that I could use my RJ plow on my 606 someday. You'll see it in my 606 posts soon!!

gwest_ca

Take a look at the ipl's here

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

for

SC-152 Replaced by 7-2411, 7-2412, 67-36AR01, 77-36AR01, 87-36AR01, 97-36AR01, 07-36AR01

Garry