Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

todays haul 552

rydogg

I have been looking for a while for a 552 with the correct H55 Lauson and found one last night and made the deal so I went to pick it up today this one also came with the same foot trip snow blade like the one I got on my 502 from smokinjoe. Previous owner said the engine runs great but has sat for a couple months so it may need a carb cleaning. I looked at the 552 tractors in the forum and all of the ones I see have a recoil starter and electric start but the one I picked up has a debris screen over the flywheel just like my 653 has...it this correct or should it have a recoil starter?? Now I can cross this one off my list, I almost have the full collection of round hood tractors from RJ35 to 854. Here are some pictures of the tractor and the fall scenery....the drive was great :handgestures-thumbupright:

wheelhorse305.jpg

wheelhorse307.jpg

wheelhorse306.jpg

wheelhorse308.jpg

wheelhorse303.jpg

wheelhorse304.jpg

• Like 1

Shynon

Nice find and great looking road trip to go with it.

Jake Kuhn

thats a very nice looking horse. :bow-blue: Now its time for a pic of the whole herd! :wwp:

HorseWhisperer

So nice!The horse,the country side,I envy days like that.Congrats.

AMC RULES

Nice haul, love those rearview mirror shots. :thumbs:

welderman85

Great looking tractor round hoods are awsome

VinsRJ

Looks like a very nice tractor... Good Luck!

krazy_horse

Nice old tractor,don't you just love when they follow you home!

rydogg

Got my 552 running and it runs great the only thing it needs now is a new sediment bowl assembly the one that is on it is partially plugged so it gets starved for fuel. I have a question about the metal ID tags that are used on the lauson in 1962 I noticed it on both my 502 and 552 but not on the 550 or 551 the tag is pictured below I have seen these small metal tags on tecumseh H60 engines and they are typically short block replacement blocks and the tag reads SBH and then some id numbers but on the tag on my 552 reads HT55B now is this just the engine ID or does this have a short block replacement engine?? Also how is the fuel line ran for this engine does it go behind the blower housing?

wheelhorse309.jpg

CasualObserver

As far as I've ever seen those are only on replacement short blocks.

Sent from my Galaxy S iii with Tapatalk 2

Shynon

My 62 lawn ranger has a HT55C metal tag on it.

rydogg

I noticed something strange about the fenders on the 552 when it was sitting next to the 633...it appears to have the 701 style fenders that are more pointed than what is typically on a 1962 tractor. Were they using up leftover inventory? To me they look original since the patina on the entire tractor looks the same, they are in very good shape so I am tempted to take them off and put them on the shelf so they don't get damaged since I have many sets of 62-64 fender/toolboxes.

wheelhorse350.jpg

Tankman

Beautiful Horses, in great condition too! :woohoo:

Looked like a lovely day for a ride........with a great ending. Congrats on your latest haul.

Kelly

701 fenders should have a hole near the top center for the cross brace to bolt, and would not have had the top holes where it bolts to the toolbox, but they could have been drilled, they do look more pointed.

stevasaurus

That one picture looks like Interstate # 90 climbing out of the Mississippi River valley on the Minnesota side. :) Nice 552 Ryan...should have the HT 55 C tag on it though. I know JoeBob has a tag you could get when he is not looking. :) :ychain:

rydogg

Steve this is an October post that I brought back up with the question about the fenders...you are correct in thinking I was on interstate 90 I spent about 6 hours on it that day I was in Elroy Wisconsin which is east of Tomah if you can zoom in on the picture below you will see that is says Rochester 51 miles and Albert Lea 109 miles, I bet today that the area is pretty white. The guy had posted 5 wheel horses on ebay 3 square hoods, a nut roaster, and the 552 I sent him an offer on just the 552 since it was the only one I really wanted.

Kelly thanks for the info I have a 701 here but it is buried away in storage and hard to get at, I do remember the cross braces in the tool box.

wheelhorse301.jpg