Sign in to follow this  
ocharry

sickle bar

ocharry

hi guys ,, new here but i think this is the place i want to be

i have been looking for a sickle bar that will fit my 416-8 i need one of these to mow around my pond i also have a i think 520 hydro so maybe one to fit it

anybody know where to start looking for one??? i been looking for a while and since one hasn't fallen out of the sky on me i guess i will have to really start looking

thanks

ocharry

KC9KAS

Welcome to Red Square!

Post a "wanted" ad in the classified section. If you look long enough, one will come your way.

camryn

Hi, there is a Sickle Bar for sale/trade on the Wheel Horse classifieds. Go to Classifieds and click on Wheel Horse.

He has it mounted on a John Deere, but maybe you could rig it to the your Horse.

Just an idea, hope it helps!

Dave

Kelly

Sickle bars are very hard to find, even harder to fit the newer tractors, Haban brand will probably be your best bet, I'm 99% sure WH never made a sickle bar that will fit your tractor, they would have been made by outside manufactures, older sickles can be made to fit and work but will not be a direct fit with out at least some mods.

:WRS:

ocharry

thanks guys

i am planning on contacting the fella in classifieds here in a few

Kelly you are so right about them being hard to find,,,guy up the road had one on a tractor sitting out in his yard for sale the other day when i was going over to see my mom,,i would have bought the whole rig but when i came back it was gone and i haven't seen it again,,dang it,,,

but my pond is down and i was mowing the other day and i got a little to far over and while the horse didn't tip over or go in the water i had to use a come a long to get her back up on flat ground,,,,so that put me back on the hunt

also i thought that wheelhorse made one once upon a time,, i know i have seen them,, but maybe you are right that they have been modified to fit,,,,don't matter i want one on one of these tractors

thanks guys ,,, i'm looking

ocharry

Kelly

WH made them to fit older tractors, those are the ones you would have to make mods to fit your tractor, but sometime late 60's early 70's they used outside manufactures to suppy the sickle bars, and they were not tagged WH they had the brand that made them.