Sign in to follow this  
Stepney

Wheel horse B-80 deck is beating me!

Stepney

Hello all. I guess you could say I have another question... I fianaly mounted the mower deck. A WheelHorse Recycler 42". I mounted the blades the way I thought they should have gone, and started mowing. That tractor goes too fast in first! Anyway, it mowes poorly. Then the center blade fell off, I pulled the deck and am now thinking I had the blades backward. I'm confused, do you know how they mount. Origionaly, the blades edge was on top, and the pitch on the bottom. But looking at our Deere and Craftsman, yes sadly, I found that the pitch should be on the top side! Thanks in advance. Spenser.

Here is the deck. (Mind the blurryness)

Stepney

Forgot too add, I found the mule drive pullys backward? Is this normal. I reversed them like all the others I have seen. Now it fits right.

Spenser.

KC9KAS

A mower sales/repairman told me years ago how to put a blade on.....He said as you are tightening the bolt/nut, visialize your wrench slipping off....If you would cut your hand, you are putting it on correctly!

Stepney

PArdon me, but which ones are the right way, the edge down, or edge up?

nylyon

First, although you have the recycler decals, you are missing the baffles, basically you do not have a recycler but a rear discharge deck. The blades look to be recycler blades however (wider than non-recycler). The curved end of the blade goes towards the mower deck.

Stepney

Thanks, I have the baffl, but this is mowing thick tall grass. So that would never work!

Spenser.

nylyon

Can you take pictures of how the belt is routed, wonder if it has the deck spinning the wrong way? For future note, pick up a set of regular blades when you don't have the baffles installed. It will cut a little better.

Lane Ranger

You could also have a worn middle pulley. The middle blade should be bolted tight in a 90 degree angle from the blades on each side.

Do you have a metal tag on that mower deck. You can do a search on partstree.com and usually get a drawing and aprts list for you mower deck.

You may be missing a few key parts on the middle mower shaft/pulley set up also.

Just post a few more clear photos -not a video and the Red Sqaure gang should be able to help you out.

We need a few more details.

Stepney

Sorry for being away so long! I was wrong, the mule drive pullies were right, BEFORE I fixed them... I dont have the camera right now, but over the weekend I'll try it one last time, provideing she hasnt been sweped away by Sandy's winds.... Thanks for the info!

Spenser.

Racinbob

The edge goes on the bottom. Think of the pitch as a fan blade lifting the grass up.

Stepney

Sorry it took me so long, I had the mule drive pulleys backwards! :roll: It mows fine now, though I am rebuilding the spindles this winter.

Thanks for all the help! Spenser.