Sign in to follow this  
clemedc

K90 and K91 parts swap???

clemedc

Can anyone tell me if the bearing plate, TIN, rope start and also the recoil start from a K90 will fit on a K91? I have a Wheel Horse K91 missing all the TIN and recoil start, there is a broken bolt hole in the bearing plate and it is the bolt that holds the coil wire up. I know I could have the bolt hole fixed but its prolly cheaper to buy the parts on an old engine.

Clem

SousaKerry

Drill the hole out and put a keensert in it. Take about 10 minutes start to finish with a cordless drill even.

buckrancher

Can anyone tell me if the bearing plate, TIN, rope start and also the recoil start from a K90 will fit on a K91? I have a Wheel Horse K91 missing all the TIN and recoil start, there is a broken bolt hole in the bearing plate and it is the bolt that holds the coil wire up. I know I could have the bolt hole fixed but its prolly cheaper to buy the parts on an old engine.

Clem

yes

clemedc

Maybe I didnt make it clear? The spot that the bolt goes into is physically snapped off as in not there.

Oh ok thanks Buckrancher

SousaKerry

Oh ok, yes then by all means make the swap..... :text-blondmoment: and I'm not even blonde.... well not since I was 4 anyways

TT

I seem to recall a few variations of bearing plates / magnetos / flywheels, so you'll want to make sure all of those components are compatible with each other.

clemedc

Thanks for the heads up Terry, Ill be sure to look at the bearing plate

Clem