Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Crazy Auction prices

6wheeler

Yesterday (saturday) we had our annual fall gathering as we call it. It is a consignment auction that is held at the fair grounds here every spring and fall. I had a posting in the O.B. section about a Case 222 that was there. I started the bid on it for $25.00 and it jumped up to $100.00. I was staying with it and all of a sudden it just went nuts. I went from that to $1685.00 in a matter of 2 minutes :eek: .Needless to say, it didn't come home with me. There were several JD's that a dealer had brought up because they didn't want to store them for the winter. There was everything from a L110 all the way up to an X485 . There were 15 tractors from this dealer and all were very clean and had fresh services, some even had x-tras with them. The 2 highest priced ones were a 445 and the X485. They went for $1000.00 and $1150.00 respectively. All the rest brought between $300 to $850.00. There was a 317 JD that had a bad motor and looked like it was used to clear a mine field. It brought $500.00. It was crazy, things that shouldn't have brought a plug nickle sold very high. And items that should have been high were being stolen. I got a set of 4 tires for my 3/4 ton truck with better than 3/4 tread on them for $120 for the set. We did very well, all of the shed clearings that I had brought there sold high. So essentially it was a wash for me. My uncle got an 8n Ford for $1100. I am kind of bummed though because I was bidding on some water tanks and missed a freshly painted JD "A" with a loader that went for $850. Like I said, it was a crazy day. I got alot of B.S.-ing done and had some over-priced auction food so it was a good day...... Pat

AMC RULES

Some of the best fun you'll ever have at an auction is watching people loose their minds while bidding up junk...

especially when it's your junk. :)

Jake Kuhn

WOW! Those are some high prices! It is always fun to watch people go crazy just because they want it! ~Jake