Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Farewell to one of the best!!!!

Shuboxlover

It's a day of mixed feelings here in Nebraska, today at 11:00 Tom Osborn held a press conference and said that he will step down January 1st as the AD of Nebraska.

While we are hopeful for a great future, we will miss his presence at the university IMMENSELY!!!!!

stevasaurus

I know Osborn is one of the best and will be missed, but why is he stepping down and what is with the mixed feelings.??? :) :bow-blue:

Shuboxlover

He said that it became apparent when he hired our new men's basketball coach earlier this year that he was thought of as old. The reporter wasn't trying to be malicious or anything, just a matter of fact. It's not mixed feelings as in good and bad, but mixed feelings as in sad to see him go, but proud and fortunate to have lived here when he was not only a coach and an AD, but also the unbelievably selflessness that he gives to the community and state through his mentoring program. I can safely say that there will not be a more influential person to the state of Nebraska in my lifetime. But we are also optimistic in the way he is leaving the state of the university, we are certain that he has done everything he could for the betterment of not only student athletes, but also students in general.

good bye T.O...... :(

• Like 1