Sign in to follow this  
55HorseTeef

trans issue rj35

55HorseTeef

Im reassembleing my 55,upon close inspection the hubs look pretty worn where the (i'll call it a dog)rides.I understand the concept of how it works,the little spring thing hits the little nubs when it goes in reverse and clicks the dog back.Can I say shim this out in any way and extend the springs a little,or someone give me a better idea, Thanks

stevebo

Bill Jenkins (member here but not very active) reproduces them and his finished product is excellent ! Other members have welded each cog up then ground it down...

VinsRJ

I have welded each tooth and ground them to shape and size with a rotary burr. It sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't a bad job, just time consuming.

Or like Steve said get in contact with Bill Jenkins for a set of repro's. I've used them too with solid results.

55HorseTeef

Bill Jenkins (member here but not very active) reproduces them and his finished product is excellent ! Other members have welded each cog up then ground it down...

Can you help me with an e-mail address or web site for Bill Jenkins.I didn't see him listed in club members section.Thanks

VinsRJ

If you can post up a pic of the hubs and lets take a look at them.

I can get you the contact info tonight (at work now).

55HorseTeef

If you can post up a pic of the hubs and lets take a look at them.

I can get you the contact info tonight (at work now).

I'd have to get my wife to do the picture thing,and she is very busy,so i'll skip that part.Anyway,last nite I cleaned the hub and dog on the left side and reassembled it.You know, Some of the teeth were barely worn and some were worn pretty good.No dout in my mind do probably to lack of maintenance.The whole assembly was a mess with old grease and dirt.So I cleaned it all,regreased n oiled it up and put er back.I think it'll work fine now.If not I'll fix it later.Doin the other side tonight.Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.

VinsRJ

The wear you saw was not uncommon, keep in mind that all of the working pressure is applied to those paws and to one individual tooth at any given time.