Sign in to follow this  
clstevens

12hp kohler throttle linkage questions

clstevens

I'm currently working on getting a 69 charger into good working order. I am running into trouble with the throttle linkage. It all looks simple enough, but I have no idea where the engine was sourced from. The tractor was a 10hp when it started life and now has a great running 12hp k301. Does anyone have a pic of the correct throttle linkage and throttle cable routing for this tractor? I have the twist lock throttle cable and it looks like this throttle linkage isn't correct. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Martin

im not sure how the throttle cable routing for your tractor is to the engine, but most of the big block kohlers have this setup.....

post-4321-0-35435700-1348016262_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-35279000-1348016335_thumb.jp

• Like 1

clstevens

Thank you so much for the pics. The piece the throttle cable connects to is very different than the one on my engine. It is not straight it is an L shape. Any idea where I could get a part number to find a replacement? I don't even know what that part would be called. That is one good looking engine.

Martin

im not sure if the L shape is right for yours or not. i know my 1054 has the L shaped bracket.....

CIMG1019.jpg

i dont think its hard to adapt either way, all the holes are usually there in the blower shroud. if you need measurements of the L bracket, i would be happy to post them here. would be very simple to make one.

clstevens

That L shape bracket on your 1054 is identical to mine. I just put a new cable on for the throttle and now I just need to get it routed to the bracket and clamped down. It also appears the bar running from that bracket is flipped backwards on mine. I really appreciate you taking the time to post these pics. My Charger is a long way from being done and I want to have a good understanding of how everything should be before I go stripping everything down and painting.